Jonathan Hankins Not Expected to Re-sign With Giants (1 Viewer)

Tyeler Davison is a stud. But in those short yardage situations, it never hurts to have another big body to make an offense's life a nightmare. It would also help us if Reuben Foster is our 1st rounder. He's used to navigating without guys getting to the second level.

He's a run stuffer. I don't think we did well in the category.

19th in the league. Better than teams like Seattle, Houston, Arizona, etc. started off rough but got better through the season. Also, who would you take off the field to put him in? Our best DT in Fairley? Or our highest potential in Rankins?

Edit: actually I read it wrong because they have it in reverse order. They have the worst at #1 (9ers) and the best at 32 (Dallas) we are at 19, so that puts us at 13th best

Our defensive rankings:
RUSH 13th.
PASS 32nd

19th in the league. Better than teams like Seattle, Houston, Arizona, etc. started off rough but got better through the season. Also, who would you take off the field to put him in? Our best DT in Fairley? Or our highest potential in Rankins?

It would depend on how we plan to use our lineman. Rankins & Fairley gives you your best pass rush on passing downs, so if Hankins & Davison team up, then that's good for interior run situations.

Was Hankins a full time starter or did he occasionally rotate with someone?

He could be an intriguing FA signing for us, but do we really need him? I know having 3 good DT would be beneficial, but they are other areas we need help on D. Like the DE, LB, CB, etc... with a tight cap....

Edit: actually I read it wrong because they have it in reverse order. They have the worst at #1 (9ers) and the best at 32 (Dallas) we are at 19, so that puts us at 13th best

Our defensive rankings:
RUSH 13th.
PASS 32nd

In two games Atlanta ran for 359 yards and averaged 6.77 yards per carry against us.

So you're saying without them, our run defense is easily top ten? Shouldn't we address our "dead last in the league" pass defense?

Atlanta isn't going anywhere. We have to play them twice every year.

Atlanta isn't going anywhere. We have to play them twice every year.
Why spend a bunch of money on a situational player because of two games? I'm just not understanding. We finally have cap space, we need to spend it wisely and get a CB, LB, RDE, or OG. DT is not a need

Granted, it wouldn't be a ton of cap needed for him, but it would be $2 million or so. Just feel like it could be better spent. But I'm no coach or gm so I don't kno nuffin

Jonathan Hankins Not Expected to Resign With Giants

Why spend a ton of money on a situational player because of two games? I'm just not understanding. We finally have cap space, we need to spend it wisely and get a CB, LB, RDE, or OG. DT is not a need

Atlanta is at the top of our division. We have to beat them. I'm not saying we have to sign this guy. I'm saying we have to improve our run d. What stat are you seeing us ranked 13th in? We were 14th rushing in yards per game, 15th in rushing yards per attempt, and 28th in rushing touchdowns given up.

Atlanta is at the top of our division. We have to beat them. I'm not saying we have to sign this guy. I'm saying we have to improve our run d. What stat are you seeing us ranked 13th in? We were 14th rushing in yards per game, 15th in rushing yards per attempt, and 28th in rushing touchdowns given up.

I guess two teams were tied for 2nd and we were just listed 13th. All I'm saying is it's not a necessity. We have many more problems on defense. If we can get him for cheap, then awesome. Just wanna address bigger needs first. I don't think that's unreasonable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom