Jonathan Jenkins NT (1 Viewer)

Bartyboy

60's Saints fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of discussion about first round candidates. Now before you say it would be a reach he might be that load in the middle we have been looking for. Hicks could go to DE which would be an incredible front 3.

Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 359. Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 9 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 5.45.
Projected Round (2013): 1.

3/2/13: Jenkins racked up 50 tackles, two tackles for a loss and a sack in 2012. He stood out with good games against Missouri, South Carolina, Florida and Auburn. Jenkins played well in the SEC Championship and beat Alabama guard Chance Warmack for a sack.

Jenkins is a load at the line of scrimmage who can collapse the pocket while stuffing runs. He helped his stock this season and was dominant at the Senior Bowl. Jenkins was destroying interior linemen with his bull rush and showed some serious explosiveness off the snap. It isn't out of the question for Jenkins to be a mid first-rounder.

8/25/12: The junior college product Jenkins showed off massive size with some surprising athleticism in his debut last year for the Bulldogs. The junior had 28 with six tackles for a loss and three sacks.

Jenkins is a massive load at the line of scrimmage. He is a natural fit as a zero-technique nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. It helps that Jenkins already plays that position for Georgia.

I think he's going to be a better NFL player than Ogletree or Jones, so no, I don't think he's a reach.

I think he's going to be a better NFL player than Ogletree or Jones, so no, I don't think he's a reach.

Oh really now? Well, I guess it's possible. Personally I think Ogletree has HOF potential. Not convinced Jones will b in the league too long. But my only problem with Jenkins is I just think he weighs far too much. You don't have to b that big to play NT or any lineman position for that matter. Although there's been an exception or 2 (Shaun Rogers is the only 1 to come to mind off the bat, or maybe Refrigerator Perry?), it just seems it would normally b an impediment in the NFL...especially in a delicious town like New Orleans where there's high potential to eat ur way outta the league

I don't really know what to think, to me he doesn't reallt look like a first round NT but I'm not exactly a D-Line guru but in my eyes it looks like he gets moved pretty easily in the run game?

Example:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f5qmC0zfxoM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I think Jenkins would be a solid pick for us assuming none of the "Top 3" OTs are still there for us. I prefer to not trade down, unless it somehow gets us a couple 2nds...good deep draft this yr.

Not explosive, cut to the ground every other time and taking lots and lots of plays off. No thanks

People are saying he could sneak into the 1st. It sounds like there is close to 45 people that are potential 1st rounders this draft ha. It really does seem like a deep draft class

he's getting blown off the line by one OL in the video that was embedded here. NO THANKS!!!

I watched two minutes of the video above and definitely have to say HELL NO!

I feel like we have the bodies at DE (Smith, Jordan, Johnson, Walker, Coleman) and we have Hicks who can project at both spots but could wreck havoc if he is slowed to play at End and not be asked to play nose and occupy space...he's a better athlete than that and Bunkley is most suited to play there so why not draft a guy who may have simular size of Hicks but not his athleticism to team with Bunkley at NT.

You can get a nt like tj Barnes in the 4th or 5th. So, no need to press in an earlier round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom