Jonathan Vilma: "6-0 means you can't go 5-11. That's really about it." - USA Today (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sean Payton: Don't put the 6-0 Saints in the Super Bowl just yet
USA Today 10/27/09

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — On opening day in the NBA, New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton chose a basketball analogy to illustrate how he feels about the second-best start in the 43-year history of the New Orleans Saints.

"If a month from now when (NBA fans) are talking about 'If the playoffs started today,' with 60 games left, that would be similar," Payton said Tuesday. "We have a lot of tough games left on the schedule." ...

... Now that they're 6-0, players who have fresh memories of last year's frustration don't want to get ahead of themselves.

Linebacker Jonathan Vilma (FSY) echoed a comment made by his position coach, Joe Vitt, saying, "6-0 means you can't go 5-11. That's really about it."

"For us, it's such a long season," Vilma continued. "It's not like college football, where you get 10, 11 games. You have a 16-game season. Things can switch easily and quickly." ...
Read more...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/saints/2009-10-27-sean-payton_N.htm?csp=34

I'm glad the players are staying focus and grounded. The more focused they are, the more cheese we can eat :ezbill:.

.."I don't think anybody's surprised here because, me, in all honesty, I feel like we paid our dues," said running back Reggie Bush (FSY), whose soaring touchdown on a reverse helped the Saints storm back from a 21-point deficit against the Dolphins. "We've come a long way. So everybody understands that we have something special here. ... We're making the most of it and we're understanding and appreciating it because of what we had to go through the prior years to get to this point."

Right on Reggie..... :beerchug:

Kind of off topic, but with the way the records are and less parity than usual this year, I would bet that a team or two with losing records make the playoffs.

This is what i love about this team.. All im hearing around here from the haters and critics is, "meh, theres still a long way to go" and "they may hit a slump and lose so and so games"... Nah.. This team knows where to keep their heads.. You practice and plan for who you play THAT Sunday/Monday.. Then when that game is over, get ready for the next one.. The word Carolina shouldnt even cross their minds til Tuesday morning.

Every game start with a tie. Records don't mean a thing at that point.

EARN IT!:worthy:

Two games away from the halfway point? This season is flying and I don't want it to end!

i know i'm taking my time and soaking it all in this year

this season is taking an extra long amount of time, it seems......

i hope the wait is worth it. WHO DAT!!!

This is how you look at things. GREAT outlook by Vilma. EARN everything. Nothing is taken for granted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom