Jonathan Vilma: Jetting Off ? (1 Viewer)

turntime

Veteran
Reaction score
Vilma maybe back sprinting by training camp. He would be a great fit in the Saints 4-3. Should we trade a 3rd or 4th pick of value to get Vilma?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=64 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=17>http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50648</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow!! This is something we should look into IMMEDIATELY!! I'm surprised this hasn't already been discussed on the board!:spaz2:

No doubt...I've never seen that discussed here.

Personally, I think he is injured and a risk to take on. But even if he were not , there is very good value on defensive players in rounds 2-4 and we shouldn't be giving up those picks at all. If anything, we should be collecting more picks.

Wow....no one saw this coming, Vilma possibly being cut loose and all (well outside the half dozen old threads on the subject here).

Would he be MLB or WLB? I don't watch the Jets much...Jets fans don't watch the Jets much.

Anything we would trade for him would have to be less since he's only got one year left.

Injury situation with his deteriorating Knee cartilage? I guess it's worth a gamble for a fourth round pick, but they wouldn't do that.

4th that could turn in to a 3rd based on playing time and incentives

I noticed this thread out the corner of my eye, misread "Jetting" for something else, and thought we had REALLY hit a new low on this board.

Now I realize that I just need to get my eyes checked and my mind out of the gutter.

Wow!! This is something we should look into IMMEDIATELY!! I'm surprised this hasn't already been discussed on the board!:spaz2:

I agree; this is a fresh and original topic. Nice to see something new on this board. Hey, let's go after Keyshawn, then post our mock drafts. :hihi:

one thing to consider...

if z.thomas ends up going to the jets (he's visiting like wed or so) maybe we get vilma on the cheap.

I noticed this thread out the corner of my eye, misread "Jetting" for something else, and thought we had REALLY hit a new low on this board.

Now I realize that I just need to get my eyes checked and my mind out of the gutter.

you should be ashamed of yourself you filthy little boy!!!

Is Vilma still not walking or is he doing better now?

...If he can show he's healthy before the April 26 draft, it will greatly enhance his stock. Sources believe the Jets could get a third-round pick, perhaps slightly higher, for a healthy Vilma.

The Jaguars and Saints are believed to be among the potential suitors. The Saints have made no secret of their desire to acquire a middle linebacker, as they've already made an offer to former Dolphin Zach Thomas.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...2/2008-02-22_jonathan_vilma_can_fly_away.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom