Jonathon Williams (1 Viewer)

Hopefully the coaches agree. If so he'll move up and get a chance early in the game. He does seem to hit the hole quickly. I like what I saw of him last night.

I love how excited I am getting about our backup QBs, HBs, and TEs. That being said, Jonathon Williams wasn't even on my radar at all and he sure balled out yesterday! I honestly think this team is set to handle Ingram's four game suspension early on, which is nice.

From DraftWire's 2016 scouting report on Williams...

In terms of physical tools, Williams has the size, strength, footwork, and determination to be a top-tier running back someday, provided he can stay healthy and continue to improve his vision. The big questions surrounding the Razorbacks stud will pertain to his foot, but if Williams gets a clean medical report, I expect him to come off the board sometime in the second round.

Last edited:
One of the knocks with Williams was he had a problem hanging on to the football in Buffalo. He had 2 fumbles in only 27 carries during the 2016 season. They had a hard time trusting him with the ball.

One of the knocks with Williams was he had a problem hanging on to the football in Buffalo. He had 2 fumbles in only 27 carries during the 2016 season. They had a hard time trusting him with the ball.
Don't recall him having any fumbling issues at Arkansas.

That's a pretty small sample size. If I recall, Coleman or Hill (can't remember which) had two fumbles within 5-10 plays of each other and didn't have another the rest of the season.

Good thing for him is that after Ingram and Kamara there are no set positions coming into camp. Those two are a lock, and Ingram has a 4 week vacation. So really if he has his pass pro down, he could easily jump over any and all of the other guys on that list.

I bet the Saints brass loves when an unknown shows out like this. Because if he works out he will be cheaper than veterans like Vereen and West.

I bet the Saints brass loves when an unknown shows out like this. Because if he works out he will be cheaper than veterans like Vereen and West.

I doubt the financial for this year is a big deal. West and Williams are making about the same amount of money. Vereen is making about 500k more than Scott. It would be better for the younger guys to workout for us on the longrun because they’re younger, we have Scott under contract for a few years, and Williams wouldn’t be a UFA until 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom