Jonathon Williams (1 Viewer)

I doubt the financial for this year is a big deal. West and Williams are making about the same amount of money. Vereen is making about 500k more than Scott. It would be better for the younger guys to workout for us on the longrun because they’re younger, we have Scott under contract for a few years, and Williams wouldn’t be a UFA until 2020.
Exactly.

They will love it even more if he can come in the first four weeks of the season because it will give them an option when Ingram's contract runs out as a 29 year old RB.

I really liked West coming out of school and been a huge fan of Vereen but both guys looked really slow and worn down last night. When Williams came in it made them look even worse.

Exactly.

They will love it even more if he can come in the first four weeks of the season because it will give them an option when Ingram's contract runs out as a 29 year old RB.

I really liked West coming out of school and been a huge fan of Vereen but both guys looked really slow and worn down last night. When Williams came in it made them look even worse.

Definitely. I’d love to see Williams come in and make us forget about Ingram the first four games. Then instead of paying Ingram next year we could use that money locking up guys like Peat and Michael Thomas long term.

Williams is a talented player who appeared to have the #2 RB spot behind McCoy locked up in the 2017 pre season. They surprisingly cut him. I can’t remember why. He was one of very few remaining players brought in by an old GM, maybe they just wanted to erase that era from memory. Nevertheless, you don’t let talented young RBs go, unless you have several and have no choice. I don’t think that was the case. Then Denver let us pluck him from their PS. I wonder if there is another issue with this guy, because he has above average NFL talent.

I think Williams makes the team over Vereen and West. At least i hope. That dude has rage in his running style. Reminds me a lot of Ingram.

Williams had only 26 catches in college. But he averaged over 13ypc with 6 TDs. So I’ll be looking for how he fares as a receiver as well as a runner in practice n in games in the days/weeks ahead.

Tbh Terrance West was trash when the Titans brought him in a few years ago. He's just not that guy for us imo

Never really thought he was that good. Williams should make the team at least for the first 4 games.

It's a good start for Williams.
Edmunds was on the special teams unit. I'd like to see him get some runs and compare the two.

Brees complimented Williams ability in pass protection today at length in his media chat after practice.

Payton also complimented Williams for the 3rd straight day.

Pretty sure the decision is all but made already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom