Jose Fernandez dead at 24 (1 Viewer)

Beyond tragic. I'm a Marlin fan and watched him regularly. An outstanding pitcher. His last outing versus the Nats may have been his best ever. As great as he was on the mound I think I'll remember him best for his attitude. The kid just loved life and made the game so fun to watch. As one member of the Marlins put it, he was the heartbeat of that team. Just devastating news. RIP Jose. gone way too soon

#Edit to add*

Just remembered this piece on Jose from his rookie season

http://grantland.com/features/marli...ernandez-journey-cuban-defector-mlb-all-star/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w5JW7fcf1qg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CtNd0wvWEAAITlf.jpg

If you had asked me yesterday, which MLB player would you most want to play on your favorite team, I would have said Jose Fernandez. I don't like the Marlins at all, but Fernandez had a broad smile during every game, carried on friendly banter with opponents and was one heckuva pitcher. You ought to check out some YouTube videos or gifs of him. Always smiling, laughing, joking around and had such a zest for life. He had just announced this week that his girlfriend is pregnant. His death today is a real gut punch.

So freakin sad. RIP.

Tremendous loss at many levels. His family. His community. The sport of baseball.

You ought to check out some YouTube videos or gifs of him. Always smiling, laughing, joking around and had such a zest for life. He had just announced this week that his girlfriend is pregnant. His death today is a real gut punch.

This is one of the best gifs of Jose.

7134445fb8a1001fc90aacc6a36fa736.jpg

He always made playing the Phillies so much fun just because of his antics with the Phanatic

051816_mia_fernandez_cuffed_med_tw_zoy5hso4.gif

Really such a loss to the sport and the community. He was a special person on and off the field.

CtNbnwkXgAE0LcB.jpg

Watching the interview with Mattingly right now on MLB - it's tough to watch. I'm sure the whole club is devastated.

Can't imagine how the family feels, feel so bad for them.

Saw that interview with Mattingly and the teammates... he was their team, their franchise, their future.

Its feels like Sean Taylor.

RIP Jose Fernandez

Way to soon.

This is one of my favorite videos of Fernandez

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xk1gbmxF08s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hands down the best personality in sports covering such a close and heartbreaking event.

The death of José Fernandez is a loss for us all, Dan Le Batard writes | Miami Herald

I'm Cuban, and in our family we aren't so much into the beisbol as our other country men. But when my father and uncles, and other family members heard about Fernandez's death they were hurt deeply. This kid had finally made it, and he did it the right way, and its all gone.

Just a tragedy.

I did not even know this player, but I start to cry every time I read more about this horrible tragedy. It totally does not make any sense.

The families/friends of those two beautiful friends of Jose's. who were also killed in the accident, set up GoFundMe accounts for their funerals. They collected way more money than they needed, in no time flat.

What a loving family Jose had, my heart breaks for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom