Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what the bigger joke is - the casting or the premise of the movie
=========================================================

Stop me if you've heard this one before. Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor road-trip to Ohio after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

No, that's not the setup for the world's worst joke. It's an actual plot, for an actual movie, based on what's rumored to be a true story.

But wait, it gets weirder. In news unlikely to sit well with those protesting the lack of diversity at the Oscars (and Hollywood in general), The Guardian reports Michael Jackson will be played by Joseph Fiennes, a white man...................

Joseph Fiennes Will Play Michael Jackson In The Weirdest Road Trip Movie Of All Time

Life once again imitates art.

tumblr_mjxs9oKgdJ1qaho1po2_250.gif

If we are using skin color to as the identifer, Michael Jackson was whiter than most caucasians.

Seriously though, Jackson is one of the few African-Americans who should be played by a white actor. At least in the time peroid covered by this film.

The most exciting news is Brian Cox is playing old, fat Brando.

This movie will be the best thing ever. I'm sure of it.

According to the lore behind this apocryphal story, Brando annoyed Taylor and Jackson by making them stop at every Burger King they passed on their cross country drive. I hope they include that part.

I can't wait for the SJW collective to tell me how outraged I should be.

That said, Joe Jackson reminds me of Uncle Leo when Elaine drew his eyebrows on and everyone thought he was angry. (Seinfeld reference)

isn't this a made-for-tv comedy? i doubt it matters who plays who.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom