Josh Allen first pre season game. (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Slow day for Saints news. Wanna compare the first round QBs. Start with Allen.

View: https://youtu.be/GddAVnajf7E

WOW the physical talent is off the charts. The coleman trade makes sense got to get him some speed. Best vertical arm in the business his first day in the building. Dumb rookie plays in there but Bills fans should be excited

That’s once in a generation arm talent. The Browns are so dumb it’s funny.

I don’t want to derail this thread but you must not have watched Baker Mayfield. He looked scary good out there. Decision making, poise, accuracy. The Browns have found their QB.

Josh Allen looked good, like what I saw out of him. Maybe the biggest arm in the NFL, huge upside, and had a good showing. That TD throw was gorgeous.

Browns fans should be excited too. Baker flashed most is his ability to quickly multiple reads. Also agree with Blunted physical tools like that dont fall off trees.

Mayfield and Allen were my favorite 2 QBs in this draft. Oh, if Baker was within our reach... but it wasn't meant to be. dangit!!! Allen showed more than just arm strength. He looked very poised to me. Yeah, he made some boneheaded decisions, but heck so does the 3 elites currently in the NFL from time to time. I think Allen might just make the Bills relevant in the near future. Same with Baker and the Browns. Both are the real deal in my opinion.

Allen was my 2nd favorite QB choice. He looked fairly comfortable in the pocket, he will get better when he learns his OL tendencies. Ironically, my first QB pick, Lauletta, has a below average arm. With his accuracy and vision however, I think he will have a 15-20 year career, and better stats than any QB in this draft class.

That’s once in a generation arm talent. The Browns are so dumb it’s funny.
The same was said about Jamarcus Russell. Ryan Leaf had all the physical talent in the world. There is so much more to the QB position though.

Baker Mayfield appears to have "it" above the neck, and Allen in the arm. Not saying Allen won't be good or great, but as of right now, after one preseason game, I would choose Mayfield. Seems to have the leadership, ability to make all his reads, the footwork and a strong enough arm to be the Browns guy to finally bring them into contention in the near future or at least to win their division. The Steelers only have a couple more years until they will have to rebuild.

I saw Mayfield last night on a replay and he looked awesome to me. He will be a stud as well. I couldn’t believe how composed he was. Wish our backups looked as good as a these rookies very first game in the NFL.

Definitely some good things in that clip, but keep in mind he's playing against guys that are fighting for roster spots. A lot of the throws that he barely got in there, may not be there against starting defenses. All in all, great debut.

Good lord - only had to watch 7 seconds to be floored.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a ball come out that hot in all my days of watching football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom