Josh Allen first pre season game. (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I think this past draft will have 4-5 franchise QB s when its all said and done..... I also think Cleveland will muff it up with Mayfield, can see Taylor making them believe he is the real deal and see Mayfield up for trade in a year or two, just my gut feeling.... My top two were Allen and Mayfield.... not to high on Darnold, and I think Rosen will be good as well, but really think concussions will end his career early or atleast a good chance for it too....

I don’t want to derail this thread but you must not have watched Baker Mayfield. He looked scary good out there. Decision making, poise, accuracy. The Browns have found their QB.

Josh Allen looked good, like what I saw out of him. Maybe the biggest arm in the NFL, huge upside, and had a good showing. That TD throw was gorgeous.
Yep. Baker has terrific arm talent too. But even saying that Allen has the ability to teleport the ball anywhere on the field. The league has never seen an arm like that. Too bad he’s just not a good qb lol

Keep in mind, pure arm strength ranks about 4th of qualities of a great QB.

Accuracy
Poise under pressure
Understanding of defense/all routes/timing
Arm ability
Leadership ability
Toughness
Off season work ethic

The list of strong armed QBs that have not succeeded is very long.

My all time topper being Jeff George

Definitely has the physical aspect down. Will be interesting to see if he can pick up the mental aspect as well. Overall, he is my favorite qb from this years draft

I see at like this. Goes for almost any position. Including QB. When a guy is that physically gifted. His size, hand size, above average athletism and walking in the building best arm in the NFL. He doesnt have to be as mentally sharp as a Mayfield/Rosen. Darnold got enough ball velocity to be out of this comparison. As long as he loves football or loves enough what football gives him. You can get his football IQ good enough to where hes a playmaker. Too much talent not to be. Now if it ALL comes together. You got somethint generational.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom