Josh Bullocks (1 Viewer)

We don't need to invest money in an expensive veteran. Shore up the DL and our secondary will be just fine. Look what happens when our DL gets pressure......for ex. Atl game.

Even against the incredibly weak ATL passing attack, our secondary was caught out of position a couple of times on big bombs down the field and the ball was just dropped by the WRs. I wouldn't say our secondary is good enough just based on how they played last week. ATL cant throw the ball on anyone right now.

Bullocks, Stoutmire and Simoneau all have 1 INT.
Fujita has 2.

And even out of these, only 2 (Fujita's first one, and Simoneau's) were good, anticipation-type interceptions. The other 3 were right time, right place tipped balls or a pick of a hail-mary.

After he gets an interception this weekend everyone will be saying how much he improved and how good he played, blah, blah.

If you think your a better NFL football coach than Payton then you will think there are always better players that aren't playing.

After he gets an interception this weekend everyone will be saying how much he improved and how good he played, blah, blah.

If you think your a better NFL football coach than Payton then you will think there are always better players that aren't playing.

What are you talking about? I know we don't have anyone on the roster this year better than him, but you can't dismiss the idea of adding a more polished veteran during the offseason. What exactly has Bullocks done to make you think he is the answer for us at FS?

I can't stand all of these "if it aint broke, dont fix it" posts. That's exactly the kind of attitude that will make a 10-6 team a 3-13 team in the next season. Other teams are constantly looking to improve, we need to improve too, and it is no mystery that our secondary is performing well below average, and Bullocks is one of the reasons for that. I like his skills too, but theyre just not translating to anything on the football field that makes us a better defense.

I say give him time. Like Saintamaniac said, losing Harper alos hurt Bullocks.

I have been open about my thoughts on Bullocks' play this season. He has been nothing short of terrible in pass coverage. I do not know if it is Gibbs' scheme or Bullocks' tendency to bite on fakes, but he is out of position way too often. He gets caught looking in the backfield a lot. He has talent and hopefully will improve. Our secondary coaches need to work with him this offseason and determine what the issue is.

I also had very high expectations for Bullocks this year too. I mean he looked pretty decent last year. Well if u ask me, he played better last year as a rookie than he is now. But he has a huge upside. He is young, he is fast, he is strong, he is in his second year, and he is playing in a new defensive scheme. lets give him a little more time before we move on. I played football on the college level so i can say that confidence is more important than physical skills sometimes. So when a player develops that swagger, and combines that with his physical skills, that is when he becomes a complete player.

The reason I think he played well last year was because of Dwight Smith. Maybe all Bullocks needs is a good SS to play to his full potential.

I think he has to play closer to the line since Harpers injury, I dont think he has been able to roam like the first couple games when harper was in, that could change with Bellamy starting, so we may get that old bullocks back....he is good in run support though, so atleast he has improved on that even though he hasnt been able to use his natural ball hawking skills this year....which i feel is due inpart because of Harpers injury.

Nah that was on Fred Thomas. They've been attacking him all game. They just got lucky on that one.

Nah that was on Fred Thomas. They've been attacking him all game. They just got lucky on that one.

Looked like Bullocks jumped a route that wasn't there and let the WR get behind him. Cardinal sin for a safety.

He just pulled down and INT.is that good enough for the afternoon?

He just pulled down and INT.is that good enough for the afternoon?

I will never criticize his play ever again.....Haha relax man. I'm just saying that he is making some mistakes that are giving up big plays. Our defense played very well today as a whole, but Bullocks made a few mistakes. It didn;t effect the outcome of the game, but it could against better opponents.

Still a great showing by the defense today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom