Josh Dobbs..... (1 Viewer)

The dude is gonna be calculating trajectories, thetas, and angles of elevation in his head before every throw

To compare Dobbs and Dak doesn't seem like a good comparison. Dak is a natural leader and it's just hard to see in Dobbs. Dak had less talent at Miss St than Dobbs at Tenn but still had big accomplishments compared to Dobbs. Not a big Miss St fan but got to admit that Dak is impressive. Dak will get better and better and he did fall into a good situation for himself.

I don't know about Dobbs. There is only one answer here for the Saints: Nate Peterman in the 3rd. End of discussion.......

As far as attainable developmental prospects. He number 1 on my board. Has a lot of traits. Physically and his mental make up. A lot to work with.

I don't know about Dobbs. There is only one answer here for the Saints: Nate Peterman in the 3rd. End of discussion.......

Agreed Peterman a much better prospect. Suprised if he makes out of 2nd round though. Media not giving him a lot of buzz but he getting his due in scouting circles. Dobbs is a solid developmental guy in my opinion you can probably get in 5th to 6th round.

Agreed Peterman a much better prospect. Suprised if he makes out of 2nd round though. Media not giving him a lot of buzz but he getting his due in scouting circles. Dobbs is a solid developmental guy in my opinion you can probably get in 5th to 6th round.

darn. So Peterman is not flying under the radar anymore?

I've watched a ton of Dobbs over the years. The biggest downfall with him, from my perspective, is that he had a great freshman year and he never really got any better. Tennessee had high expectations coming into the year the past two years based on his potential, but he never lived up to it. He has great potential, but so does Jay Cutler. Eventually you have to show up or get out. I don't want to be caught in the "maybe next year he'll show us" cycle.

He has already stated he will not be going to the NFL. But I agree with other posters on here...even if he was going to the NFL I would not want him. He had major issues carrying his team with the pass once the run was shut down.

He was on Dari and Mel this past Saturday, never mentioned not going to the NFL, in fact, he said that over the past few seasons, he's had to share time with his engineering classes and study the play book. He said that once in the NFL, he would devote 100% of his time to his NFL playbook and everything that comes with it.

He was on Dari and Mel this past Saturday, never mentioned not going to the NFL, in fact, he said that over the past few seasons, he's had to share time with his engineering classes and study the play book. He said that once in the NFL, he would devote 100% of his time to his NFL playbook and everything that comes with it.

It was well known around Knoxville (and was mentioned on several game broadcasts) that he did not want to go to the NFL but instead wanted to pursue his major. Obviously he has changed his tune on this which makes me wonder if his passion for football grew or if he sees dollar signs now.

Regardless I have watched this guy play every game at UT and I don't want to see him in a Saints uniform. He is a great kid and did a lot for the community. His athleticism is also very impressive and slightly underrated. However, he misses some really open throws sometimes, his touch is very questionable, and when the run was shut down...he could not beat teams with his arm. The best stretch of games I saw him play was his last several games at UT. Did he turn a corner or was it the competition? Either way I will come on here and wholeheartedly admit I was wrong if he becomes a successful NFL quarterback.

Possible Brees heir apparent?

I have heard zero about him being a future QB, and I'm by no means a scout, I just know what my uneducated eyes tell me.

I've watched him now for 3 seasons......and he just looks so NFL ready.

The positives on Dobbs are as follows.

Very intelligent (aerospace engineer major), great size (6'3, 220), very instinctual in the pocket with movement, escapability and a quick burst makes him deadly on leak out runs on 3rd down, ultra-competitive, strong armed, tough as nails, improved his accuracy to a solid 63% in senior year, plays toe to toe with the toughest schools in the country....had Bama BEAT junior year until mysterious PI call (remember those) to bail out Bama on their game winning drive at the end of the 4th.....

He has tremendous quiet confident leadership qualities.

In a time when QBs are trending toward QBs that can throw and escape when needed (Rodgers, Russell, Dak), Josh fits that mold to a tee.

His college stats are very similar to Dak, as is his overall game.

Dak was the 7th QB chosen.......and has been the best and it isn't even close.

(Kind of like Mike Thomas being the 8th WR chosen).

He is "projected" as the 9th best, around round 5-6......with

I would love for him to be our 6th round choice.

I can almost guarantee CJ Bethard and Mitch Trubinsky will not be as successful as Dobbs in the NFL, despite being ranked much higher (kind of like Christian Hackenburg and Paxton Lynch picked way ahead of Dak).

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts of JD.
As a big orange fan NO. very smart guy but not a very good pocket passser

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I dont see Payton using a draft pick on a QB this yr, but there'll be a QB who goes undrafted that will get a shot. The class is too weak to use a late pick when you could wait and get a guy just as good undrafted. My reasoning is that and Chase Daniel being only 30? And Grayson is still developing.

Like I said, aside from the handful of games at the end of the season, Dobbs has always had issues making the throws when they counted. By that I mean, when opposing teams shut down the run and forced him to pass, he was unable to beat them with it. Yes he is very athletic and a big guy, but if you can't make the throws when needed then you won't succeed in the NFL. If he declares for the draft he will be lucky to go higher than a 5th or 6th rounder. It's even possible he could go undrafted. If that happens he may just walk away from football. Personally I think Tennessee will be a better football team this year without him because of that one-sided attack.

Right under the wire. Will be interesting to see how he does in Pitt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom