Josh Gordon will apply.... for reinstatement (Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

SweetT

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For reinstatement. Kick those tires (if he is reinstated)!!!! How is he only 29? Feels like he’s been in the league forever

For reinstatement. Kick those tires (if he is reinstated)!!!!

Yep N.O gotta sign him. I sure don't want him falling into the hands of the 49ers or Seahawks. Taking him away from rivals and signing him, makes the Saints stronger and them weaker.

Yep N.O gotta sign him. I sure don't want him falling into the hands of the 49ers or Seahawks. Taking him away from rivals and signing him, makes the Saints stronger and them weaker.
That and surround him with quality locker room guys to help him straighten his life out. He’s pretty much out of chances, IF he still has a chance. Could be the difference for him.

He did next to nothing with the Patriots. Now I know they aren't the end all be all but if he didn't work out for them what makes us think he would work out here? And I mean purely in a football sense.
I think Brady's best days are done. He would of made him work a couple years ago.

Hell no. He can’t be counted on. Enough with this guy already. He simply isn’t any good anymore.
He put up over 700 yards in only 12 games in 2018. So yes, Brady did make it work. Just put up over 400 (in 11), with Wilson just dancing behind the line of scrimmage in 2019. We don’t need him to be 2013 Josh Gordon good, we would just need a darn threat. Stack the deck for Drew’s last ride

Last edited:
He put up over 700 yards in only 12 games in 2018. So yes, Brady did make it work. Just put up over 400 (in 11), with Wilson just dancing behind the line of scrimmage in 2019. We don’t need him to be 2013 Josh Gordon good, we would just need a darn threat.

I'm not against signing him. I'm all for the possibility that we can make him work in our system. I've just lost hope that it would ever happen. From all accounts he's a good teammate, he just has substance abuse issues. He wouldn't ruin the locker room nor cost a lot of money so go for it.

Nah no thanks. We don’t need any kind of distractions heading into what could be the Last Dance. If one of the top 2 WRs got hurt then I would be cool with it, but now I’m fine with the depth we have there. Tre’Quan Smith has looked good at times, he’s just inconsistent. I think we will see Deonte Harris’ role on offense expand this season. Krishawn Hogan did fine in his blocking WR role. Lil-Jordan Humphrey did good enough to get a call up. Emmanuel Butler looked great in preseason and I have high hopes for him. Hopefully they let him play some different receiver spots this year. Marquez Callaway and Juwan Johnson have some serious talent for being undrafted guys. They both may have been drafted if this was a regular WR draft. Tommy LeeLewis has shown he can play in this league, but I hope he gets beat out. Coach and Drew seem to be big fans of Austin Carr and he’s made the 53 before. Unless I missed someone there is not much to say for the rest of the guys as they likely have zero chance to make an impact.

Then we also have Kamara, Cook, and Taysom line up at receiver all the time. Ty Montgomery and Adam Trautman can also line up at receiver as well

I think coach sees us as having an abundant of riches at the position. He will find one or two that will shine and I hope that’s Callaway & Butler.

Last edited:
Nah no thanks. We don’t need any kind of distractions heading into what could be the Last Dance. If one of the top 2 WRs got hurt then I would be cool with it, but now I’m fine with the depth we have there. Tre’Quan Smith has looked good at times, he’s just inconsistent. I think we will see Deonte Harris’ role on offense expand this season. Krishawn Hogan did fine in his blocking WR role. Lil-Jordan Humphrey did good enough to get a call up. Emmanuel Butler looked great in preseason and I have high hopes for him. Hopefully they let him play some different receiver spots this year. Marquez Callaway and Juwan Johnson have some serious talent for being undrafted guys. They both may have been drafted if this was a regular WR draft. Tommy LeeLewis has shown he can play in this league, but I hope he gets beat out. Coach and Drew seem to be big fans of Austin Carr and he’s made the 53 before. Unless I missed someone there is not much to say for the rest of the guys as they likely have zero chance to make an impact.

Then we also have Kamara, Cook, and Taysom line up at receiver all the time. Ty Montgomery and Adam Trautman can also line up at receiver as well

I think coach sees us as having an abundant of riches at the position. He will find one or two that will shine and I hope that’s Callaway & Butler.
He would definitely fall into the Rodman category lol

Hell no. He can’t be counted on. Enough with this guy already. He simply isn’t any good anymore.

Counted on? What halfway intelligent QB is going to count on a, at best, 3rd WR? At his worst, Gordon is better than TQS and stats back that up, and even then, who do you have behind Sanders? TQS? LJH? Butler?

Can he make it through a full season? Probably not, but he can sure as hell make a very strong offense that much better at a very decent price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom