Josh Hill breaks Fibula (1 Viewer)

The play it happened on he was being bent back and I think his leg got twisted.

Shame, now we have to see more Fleener.

I was trying to think that we have to have more TE's than Fleener and Hill and I totally forgot we lost Hooman in training camp.

Jordan Leggett (Clemson) might be an option in the draft. Kid is raw, will take a couple years. But has a really high ceiling. If he can realize his potential, he could play in the league a long time. Got the size, got the length, got the hands. Blocking needs to improve, but he can be the whole package with time.

When I get up to get another beer out of the frig... I'm going to pay extra special attention.

Don't break leg. Don't break leg.

Reminds me of the rash of sports hernias that we had. At least a broken fibula is easier for me to understand. I'm still not 100% clear on what exactly a sports hernia is.

I don't think the fibula thing is anything about training. Most injuries are going to be knee, ankle, and muscle pulls. When you roll your ankle, or get the spikes caught in the turf, you're also at risk of a fracture.

We just happened to get a rash of them, but there have been quite a few across the league, and Earl Thomas broke his Tibia (6 month recovery, vs 6 weeks for Fibula).

Now, not wearing cleats/spikes might help. Harder to get caught in the turf when you're wearing regular trainers. But good luck getting football players to wear regular sneakers.

When I played, we had turf shoes that we wore in practice to prevent the very thing you're talking about.

Even Pels player Dante Cunningham has a broke fibula right now...something in the water roun here this year....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom