Josh McDaniels fined for videotaping (1 Viewer)

Supposedly somebody approached him with the videotape and he refused to accept it but since he didn't report it, he is facing punishment. The real guilty party, the one with the videotape, is facing a lifetime ban from the NFL.
Yeah just read that... Supposodely it was only a 6 minute clip from a closed practice at Wembley field and he refused to watch it, although didn't report it. Still pretty bad news though.

If the story *just* broke, then perhaps you might have to wait a few days (or weeks if it's still being investigated,) before any sort of punishments are handed down.

/This ain't CSI. Cases aren't all wrapped up neatly and the bad guy in jail in an hour or less here in the real world.

They've already been fined. :idunno:

denverlogo.jpg

Well we know who he learned this from. I wonder if Goddell will cover this up too.

Since the article came from NFL.com I don't think Goodell is "trying" to cover it up.

Some of you really need to quit posting comments about article's when they obviously didn't even bother to read it. The thread title was misleading and numerous posters in this thread immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion without bothering to investigate.

I don't see what was so bad if he honestly didn't watch. He's just not a rat

ouch... I was a pretty big McD supporters here in Colorado, this might just do it for me though. I'll wait to we hear all the details but yeah this is pretty damning.

I still think there is a bright future for a young of the really talented young players in Denver though... and I do think that Orton is a very talented QB whose stats remind me of Drew's in 08 (also the "no respect" thing to go with it).

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The NFL fined the Denver Broncos and coach Josh McDaniels $50,000 each because the team's video operations director broke league rules by filming a San Francisco 49ers practice in London last month.
The NFL investigation determined that Steve Scarnecchia took the six-minute video of the walkthrough and presented it that day to McDaniels. The coach declined to view it.

MB

Looks like Bill Belichick taught him everything he knows. Except for the fact that Belichick would actually win.

And why aren't they losing draft choices?

I'm sure if they decide it's worth more "fines" they will. I think it took a long time for them to settle on the final punishment for the Patriots a few years back.

I don't buy for one moment that McDaniels declined to view the tape. Think about it. The Broncos lost the game. How bad would McDaniels look right now if he said, "Yeah, I viewed the tape"? He looked at it. I'd bet beers on it.

Apparently the Video director taped it and offered McDaniels to view it, and McDaniels declined but he's being fined for failing to bring up the situation earlier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom