Josh Norman quote about OBJ (1 Viewer)

saintd

lifetime rookie
Reaction score
With all we went through with bountygate, do you guys think there will be anything done about this... definitely appears to be something old Roger would use the "detrimental to the league" angle for this situation for having hits out on players...thoughts

Check out @FirstTake's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/768448303189127168?s=09

Staff edit:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yo <a href="https://twitter.com/OBJ_3">@OBJ_3</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/J_No24">@J_No24</a> is looking for you... <a href="https://t.co/dXCzuO3Lt9">pic.twitter.com/dXCzuO3Lt9</a></p>&mdash; First Take (@FirstTake) <a href="https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/768448303189127168">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sorry...not sure how to embed tweet from my phone...if someone that does can, I would appreciate it... thanks

In 2012, the year our team was actually serving punishments for bountygate, the Jets said they were going to injure Reggie Bush, injured Reggie Bush, and then bragged about injuring him. If Goodell didn't do anything then, when the bounty thing was still a fresh news story, he's certainly not going to do anything about it now.

In 2012, the year our team was actually serving punishments for bountygate, the Jets said they were going to injure Reggie Bush, injured Reggie Bush, and then bragged about injuring him. If Goodell didn't do anything then, when the bounty thing was still a fresh news story, he's certainly not going to do anything about it now.
The Saints were a sacrifice to appease the class action lawsuit. It was a personnel vendetta that Roger Goodell was visualizing against the Saints, and specifically Sean Payton. It was never impartial to begin with which is why he ended up recusing himself for Tagliabue.

The problem is the majority of NFL fans never had the attention span to follow the story beyond the initial headlines. Also, hearing the reality of the scandal didn't jive with the whole "derp, the Saints are good so **** them!" mindset many had developed. You don't get haters until you're good, after all.

The Saints were a sacrifice to appease the class action lawsuit. It was a personnel vendetta that Roger Goodell was visualizing against the Saints, and specifically Sean Payton. It was never impartial to begin with which is why he ended up recusing himself for Tagliabue.

The problem is the majority of NFL fans never had the attention span to follow the story beyond the initial headlines. Also, hearing the reality of the scandal didn't jive with the whole "derp, the Saints are good so **** them!" mindset many had developed. You don't get haters until you're good, after all.

This +1...excellent synopsis!

Interesting... so why are Payton and the Saints so tight with Belichick and the Patriots who evidently have a much better relationship with Goodell? Why does Roger love them but hate us?

Interesting... so why are Payton and the Saints so tight with Belichick and the Patriots who evidently have a much better relationship with Goodell? Why does Roger love them but hate us?
I think there is some kinship with Payton and Bilichick due to both having been screwed over by Goodell before.

I do think it's worth noting though that the Patrtiots have gotten only slaps on the wrist compared to what happened to the Saints. The Saints' scandal was far more dubious (at best) than what the Patrtios may have done, too.

It's Kraft and Goodell who were once tied at the hip. Not Belichick.

Payton and Belichick have a relationship because of coaching connections.

Norman has one good season and he thinks he's King Kong

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Big Market=Wrist Slap
Small Market=I Will destroy you to make myself look big

The other day I was watching "America's Game" for our 2009 Saints. If you listen to the narration, then you would've swore that thing was put together after the Bountygate scandal. It first aired in August of 2010.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom