Josh Norman to be available. Should the Saints try for him? (1 Viewer)

If Ron Rivera is cutting him - pretty sure it means he can't win with him. I suppose it could be personal vendetta on how he left Carolina but his on field play has been poor as well. I would pass.

He’s a system CB, exactly the type that get exploited i.e. Richard Sherman

He had 1 great year and 1 great/good year then was considered the Best CB in the league I never liked him . He’s slow ,smart and only effective in zone. Carolina defense that year was lights out it made him look better than he was, Washington didn’t have that same luxury! However with our front 7 I wouldn’t be against bringing him in on a Vet Min-2million and see if he can perform better. Not a penny more than 3 million though and that would be with at least 1mil in incentives

Unless the Saints can work some magic and land AJ Bouye, then I’d rather see them keep Janoris Jenkins or re-sign Eli Apple

The difference with Jenkins and Norman in the Saints situation is they dont have to always rover with the #1 guy, its makes them more valuable to be able to play #2 and #3 guys and in zone. Either one of those vets would be a solid addition.

32 years old and has hit the age wall.

Jenkins is 31 and likely to hit the age wall soon as well. It's why I'm cool with a re-structure to add a void year, but not an extension.
Also why I'm totally for drafting a CB with our first round pick this season.

Aside from using our first rounder onna DB I agree with you. Jenkins is a solid veteran who can man that #2 corner spot after Apple moves on and as stated resigning him to a restructured contract to keep him in the fold is a smart move by the team and Jenkins (who sees this as a good place to play and win) .

I think the Saints re-signing Eli Apple to an extremely team-friendly contract is a very real possibility. Apple has shown he can perform in this defense, he seems happy with this team, and I think he just got banged up last season. Prior to the end of the Bears game last year (where I thought he was injured for the season)... Apple was good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom