Sean Payton on Josh Rosen 4/16/18:
“Nope”

Sean Payton on Josh Rosen 4/26/19:
“Nope”

Sean Payton on Josh Rosen 4/25/20:
????
My money is on “Nope”
Still devil's advocate...

He specifically said he would be uneasy about drafting them with a high 1st. That does not mean he wouldn't want any of them under any circumstance ever.

And..

What did you think of the Dolphins flipping 62 for Josh Rosen?
"We'd heard they were looking to find a quarterback. So that was kind of discussed a little bit yesterday. It wasn't really surprising."

Is that a pretty startling turn of events when you think back to grading (Josh) Rosen last year?
"Look, there's a fit. That happens at times and there is another team that has that level of interest. So going from a first round pick to a second round pick there's still a commitment by a team. Arizona, for them (it's) probably good business if they felt they wanted to move in a different direction offensively. I can't speak for the other teams, but it obviously is a position that is coveted and important. It wasn't that surprising. I guess the compensation was something we were all curious to see."
When you say there were discussions, do you mean between you and the Dolphins yesterday?
"No. I think it was the destination of where he might go after Kyler Murray was selected. There were a few teams and that was it."

That is not a nope.

Looking at the list of QBs in that draft class the best that group will ever be characterized is "solid" starters. When people say "Franchise" QB they tend to mean "all pro" caliber. consistently throughout their career. The only way SP make a trade for him is if he seen something inn Rosen he didn't think he will see coming out of college. There has been nothing to suggest to me that this organization brings guys in "to kick the tires." Every player they bring because they believe they can compete. A trade will happen, IMO, only if they believe that Josh will be more competitive than the person they will be giving up in the draft.

-----

No, no, no. He is not committed enough - nor have the leadership skills. Don't even see him as a back up. He has other priorities than the NFL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom