FAQ JOSHUA vs USYK tonight ! (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
Who’s watching it !? Here’s the times. It’s coming on DAZN or Pay Per View. My money is on Anthony Joshua, he’s just a beast. Reminds me of Lennox Lewis in ways. We will see…

Attachments

• 0BA2FC43-016F-4B38-8AD6-0AB3207F2C06.png
    0BA2FC43-016F-4B38-8AD6-0AB3207F2C06.png
    815.7 KB · Views: 0
Usyk showed that he is the real deal. He has done what Evander Holyfield did in the 80s and 90s, gone from unified cruiserweight champion to heavyweight champion (Though in this case Tyson Fury still holds a belt and will fight Deontay Wilder in 2 weeks).

Fun facts:

Usyk is the exact same height, size, weight, and reach as Muhammad Ali and also shares the same birthday.

This win answers questions about whether a guy like Ali could have competed against modern giant heavyweights like Joshua and Wilder.

Usyk put on an absolute clinic. AJ fights so small. He fights more like he’s 5’8”. At no point did he ever attempt to use his height or reach advantage. That doesn’t take anything away from Usyk who was phenomenal. As a tall boxer watching AJ is kind of infuriating. He should be much better than he is.

Usyk put on an absolute clinic. AJ fights so small. He fights more like he’s 5’8”. At no point did he ever attempt to use his height or reach advantage. That doesn’t take anything away from Usyk who was phenomenal. As a tall boxer watching AJ is kind of infuriating. He should be much better than he is.
The ring commentator made a good point that he should have aimed more for the body because he is so used to relying on his jab to the head against top opponents but he couldn't get many clean headshots.

Usyk kept bobbing and moving his feet so much that he Joshua's jab was nearly useless. He made sure not to stand in front of AJ like a stationary duck.

It's much harder to evade the body shots.

I wonder if he targets the body more if this fight would've been closer.

The ring commentator made a good point that he should have aimed more for the body because he is so used to relying on his jab to the head against top opponents but he couldn't get many clean headshots.

Usyk kept bobbing and moving his feet so much that he Joshua's jab was nearly useless. He made sure not to stand in front of AJ like a stationary duck.

It's much harder to evade the body shots.

I wonder if he targets the body more if this fight would've been closer.
He was targeting the body in those middle rounds he was much better in. For some reason he abandoned it in the 7th. I think it’s because Usyk was countering really well and making AJ pay for those body shots. I messaged my buddy after the 6th and said those counters from Usyk were mean.

I’d have to watch again and pay attention specifically to it, but I think Usyk made AJ scared to go to the body because he was eating that strong left when he did.

It was an amazing fight ! Usyk boxed his butt off and AJ was constantly getting countered. AJ needs to dump his team and go back with the one that got him to where he is…Usyk is for real though, the stamina the man has and quickness is awesome. Speed kills no matter what sport it is if used correctly and he was so much faster than AJ. I really enjoyed the fight !

AJ looked much like he was sparring instead of boxing in the clips I saw of the fight. Maybe he should come out to Eye of the Tiger (Rocky 3) instead of No Easy Way Out (Rocky 4) next time.

Somehow, weirdly, I am uncertain how the Fury/Wilder fight is going to go in a couple of weeks. Fury outboxed Wilder in an evading style in the first fight but got caught and nearly KO'd, but he fought going forward and hurt and KO'd Wilder in the second. Will fight number 3 be like number 2, or will Wilder land his power shots and move his head away from that constantly incoming right from Fury?

AJ looked much like he was sparring instead of boxing in the clips I saw of the fight. Maybe he should come out to Eye of the Tiger (Rocky 3) instead of No Easy Way Out (Rocky 4) next time.

Somehow, weirdly, I am uncertain how the Fury/Wilder fight is going to go in a couple of weeks. Fury outboxed Wilder in an evading style in the first fight but got caught and nearly KO'd, but he fought going forward and hurt and KO'd Wilder in the second. Will fight number 3 be like number 2, or will Wilder land his power shots and move his head away from that constantly incoming right from Fury?
I’m ready to see Canelo Alvarez body bag Caleb Plant….gonna be honest, I’m not impressed with too many American fighters at all right now. Reason being, THEY WONT FIGHT EACH OTHER ! Too busy protecting their record while Western and Eastern European/Russian and Mexican/Argentina fighters will get in the ring with anyone….that includes Canelo and AJ….Most of the American fighters right now are hype jobs. Ring magazine has Bud Adam’s as #1 P4P fighter while he’s fought once in a year and half and Canelo has had like 3 fights or will by November. I’m not impressed with any American fighter, duck 🦆 too much and way too many excuses….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom