Journey Frontiers album (1 Viewer)

specter

Reaction score
circa 1983!
so many great tunes!
Rubicon,Frontiers,Faithfully,backtalk,seperate ways,send her my love and chain reaction and my fav after the fall!
what a classic!anyone else out thare like it?
23 years later and it still jams!

Well, I hate to admit it, that was the second album I ever bought.
The first was Destroyer by Kiss.

Dont be afraid to admit that!You should be proud!Kiss Destroyer is a very fine ditty as well!
Ya just a tad older then me,I reckon ya grew up on the ROCK N ROLL too thou Bro!
Aint nothin wrong with that!
We were blessed to grow up in the timespan we did IMHO!
So many great dittys!Gonna jam out to Yes 90125 next!

I think Journey was a great band that had its world wide potential cut short by Steven Perry problems with cancer and alcoholism, IMHO Perry is one of the most iconic rock "voices, specter, I heard it as a rumor a few years back but werent two members of Journey a part of the band Santana who played at Woodstock and actually played on their first three albums.

Is that true, did some Santana castoffs form Jourey?

Dont be afraid to admit that!You should be proud!Kiss Destroyer is a very fine ditty as well!
Ya just a tad older then me,I reckon ya grew up on the ROCK N ROLL too thou Bro!
Aint nothin wrong with that!
We were blessed to grow up in the timespan we did IMHO!
So many great dittys!Gonna jam out to Yes 90125 next!

...+57- Absolutely nothing wrong with being a Journey fan... ALTHOUGH the people who go to see the current incarnation of "Journey", with a Steve Perry lookalike and soundalike (also named Steve) should be ashamed of giving their $$ to a scam like that........

...+57- Absolutely nothing wrong with being a Journey fan... ALTHOUGH the people who go to see the current incarnation of "Journey", with a Steve Perry lookalike and soundalike (also named Steve) should be ashamed of giving their $$ to a scam like that........

i love my classac rock my favorite band is the eagles. i saw journey at the arena last week and i have to say they were fantastic and they're lead singer was great, i was very impressed, more than i thought id be. this being said i would of course much rather see Steve Perry up there singing my favorite Journey songs. I'm 18 years old and i don't think i wasted money going to see a concert that i enjoyed (even if its slightly a journey cover band). It was the closest thing i could get to seeing the real journey. I just didnt have the opportunity to see them in their glory days.

I did like Frontiers, but the older stuff rocked-face.

journey_departure.jpg

Frontiers was a great follow-up to Escape. It would've reached No. 1 on the Albums Chart, but Thriller was in the way.

I liked a bit off of Evolution, but almost anything after that sounded like garbage to me. Infinity and the earlier period seemed more about what the SF rock scene was, and clearly, much of that music was better (at least to me).

:shrug:

TPS

i love my classac rock my favorite band is the eagles. i saw journey at the arena last week and i have to say they were fantastic and they're lead singer was great, i was very impressed, more than i thought id be. this being said i would of course much rather see Steve Perry up there singing my favorite Journey songs. I'm 18 years old and i don't think i wasted money going to see a concert that i enjoyed (even if its slightly a journey cover band). It was the closest thing i could get to seeing the real journey. I just didnt have the opportunity to see them in their glory days.

LOVE Journey!!!!!! Grew up listening to them! BUT, went to see the Eagles a couple of years ago and out of ALL the concerts I've been to, they rocked the best! It's hard to admit that, but that's the way it is...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom