JPP has eyes set on Vernon like deal (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Per BR & reported by Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.

For reference Olivier Vernon received a 5 year 85M deal from the Giants last year. JPP wants "at least" that much. I, for one, think he's crazy if he thinks he's getting that much. Especially considering almost half of his production came against the Browns and he was injured late.

Colin311

I want 5 of your years!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He'll get it. With so many teams way over the cap like Cleveland, 49'ers, etc...Someone will overpay for him.

WhoDatNation 2

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Per BR & reported by Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.

For reference Olivier Vernon received a 5 year 85M deal from the Giants last year. JPP wants "at least" that much. I, for one, think he's crazy if he thinks he's getting that much. Especially considering almost half of his production came against the Browns and he was injured late.

That's more money than he could count on one hand :hihi:

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He would have gotten that deal had he never jacked up his hand. Only the Browns would give him that deal now.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So much greed. How can these players expect to find winning teams when they all want 20% of the entire cap?

Maybe it's just me, but I would happily take a few million less if it meant my team could pay other great players.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So much greed. How can these players expect to find winning teams when they all want 20% of the entire cap?

Maybe it's just me, but I would happily take a few million less if it meant my team could pay other great players.
Sorry, but you have no idea what you'd do if in their position. It is easy for us "every day men" to look at these million dollar athletes and pass judgments like this. Everyone wants to be paid what they're worth and maximize their earnings, regardless of what they're making. Also, believe it or not, but reality is that the NFL is a money-making venture for owners and players first and foremost, not about winning games.

To get where these guys have gotten, you almost have to have a little bit of an ego and "me" attitude.

Reaction score

I felt the same why when I was younger...but broke my leg on Thanksgiving...now I can't work for awhile, if ever do what I did before.
So while I was sitting around sulking during the holidays and healing...I've been beating myself up about the money I've "left on the table"...and trust me, I make crumbs compared to them.
So now, as a father and provider...I say get your money when and while you can...

*now later in your career, and your chasing the ring...then, I would understand that as well.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not likely.

But I get the gist of it. You throw that out there... 5 years 90 million or whatever. Then you sign 3 years 30 million instead of 3 years 20 million. It's all smoke and mirrors.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really hope we don't waste money on JPP
Hey, if we could bring him in for the right price I'd be all for it. When you fork over that kind of money, you're saying you plan to build your defense around that guy. i.e. Byrd

JPP is about as close to a Cam Jordan as they come. I would be all for having 2 Cam's on our D-line with Rankins, Fairley, Davidson, and Onyemata in the middle. But 17 million a year for 5 years? Hell-to-the-no... 10 to 12 million tops. And I'd have to think long and hard about that. He's not a game changer, he's more of a solid 3 down contributor. 10+ sack guy, but at DE, I think we could do better in the draft for a whole lot less $.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Someone like him shouldn't be reaching so much.
Remember when Drew was reported to be asking 4 years 100 million w/ 60 million guaranteed? Smoke and mirrors and public posturing.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If anything, he doesn't want to leave NY, so if that's what he's putting out there, its for other teams to see that he's not leaving the Giants for cheap.

Saints 318

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Football Players careers are shorter outside of QB. Thats why he wants all his money now

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but you have no idea what you'd do if in their position. It is easy for us "every day men" to look at these million dollar athletes and pass judgments like this. Everyone wants to be paid what they're worth and maximize their earnings, regardless of what they're making. Also, believe it or not, but reality is that the NFL is a money-making venture for owners and players first and foremost, not about winning games.

To get where these guys have gotten, you almost have to have a little bit of an ego and "me" attitude.

So I have no idea what I'd do in their position, but you do know what I'd do in their position? How does that happen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom