JR Smith (1 Viewer)

VishaL

All-Pro
Reaction score
okay so i was a big big fan of J.R. Smith, and while i havent been able to follow the hornets like i use to since they been playing in OK, but even with all the great signing they made in the off season, i think there biggest mistake was trading this kidd away, he will be an all star in denver, he was good, he was young, coach scott, is just stubborn, and while some may think he is a great coach, i dont like the way he handled the whole situation with J.R. all that good, and we lost a great talent in smith

What do you do with an immature player who doesn't listen to his coach? You get rid of him and I think Payton has shown that this method works and is needed to build a team with good chemistry. There are some similarities in JR's situation and Stallworth's situation. Both were not totally dedicated to the game and both were not dependable. One of the announcers on ESPN's preseason game between Denver and the Lakers talked about a comment that JR had recently made. (Paraphrasing)He said that JR said it is hard to improve his game because he doesn't like waking up early in the morning. The announcers and myself were both chuckling about that comment. Does that sound like someone the Hornets should have kept? JR defintely has great physical skills, but there are many players in the NBA that do and cannot grasp the other aspects of the game. In the Denver/Laker game JR made a couple of shot in a row and then he started shooting as soon as he touched the ball every time until Karl took him out. The announcers commented that eventhough he has the ability to get hot and make a couple of shot in a row, he has to run the offense and not be so greedy. He was doing those exact things when he was with the Hornets. JR was also known as being pretty dumb and slow to pick up what the coaches were trying to teach him.

Right. The problems have already started in Denver. It's tough to overlook the guy's potential, but at some point, you've got to start taking yourself seriously if you ever expect your coach, your teammates, or your fans to.

I wish him all the luck in the world, but until he gets his act together, he won't amount to anything but a highlight reel in the limited minutes he sees.

He was sent off in the trade for Tyson Chandler, right? I love PJ and will miss him but getting Chandler was awesome. Good move.

Besides, Stojakovich has his spot.

JR did put up some solid numbers last night...21 points in 28 minutes.

JR only played only 13 minutes last night against the Timberwolves. He had zero points with only 1 assist and 3 personal fouls.

This was on ESPN's rumor central:

Nuggets Want Maggette
Nov 3 - The Los Angeles Times reports the Denver Nuggets continue to talk to the Clippers about a deal for Corey Maggette. According to the newspaper, the Nuggets are willing to include J.R. Smith and possibly Joe Smith in the proposal. The newspaper reports the Clippers are not interested in trading Maggette at this time.

They can't be too happy with JR if he is already on the trading block.

We got Big Chandler for him and PJ.

PJ the real story You gotta love PJ Brown. Chandler is a beast and is way more valuable to this team.

JR Smith - Worlds of potential; zero capitalization of that production.

There are plenty of young scorers in the league. The ones that stay around more than a few years play defense and get better on defense.

JR Smith was a cancer. You can't have a kid of 19 trying to dictate what goes on as HE wants it to. You have to either listen to coach or get going. Notice how the Bulls quickly made Chicago his old team not too long after they were his new team? And now Denver is doing the same.

Talent only means so much in the NBA these days. Anybody playing at that level belongs there and in the developmental league, you have guys that are VERY hungry to get to the bigs.

I don't know about all-star, but JR continues to put up good numbers just about every night. I don't really know if he's playing defense (a problem here) or if he's following his coach's instructions (a problem here)- but he's shooting well from 3, and he's scoring- he has put up 23, 31 and 36 in his last 4 games (a 13 point night in the other).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom