Judge Allows Lawsuit Against The NFL Over Rams/Saints Game To Continue, Goodell Can Be Questioned (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
(Mods - I looked around and couldn't find a post on this. There's a poll, but as one person mentioned, they were unfamiliar with the law suit. If this should be merged in the Poll thread, please feel free to do that. Thx very much)

A lawsuit against the NFL over the outcome of the NFC championship game between the Rams and Saints has been allowed to continue by a judge.

A lawsuit was filed after the Saints were screwed out of a Super Bowl appearance due to a blown pass interference no-call. It wasn’t just a bad no-call, but it honestly might be remembered as the worst no-call by officials in the history of sports. Now, fans are one step closer to getting payback as attorney Antonio LeMon seeks $75,000 in damage

I know Goodel's lawyers would basically have Roger prepped to say nothing of any meaning, but I'd like to see Goodell squirm against a good prosecuting attorney. Actually, I would love that.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

best comment

This lawsuit will go nowhere legally but it will shine more light on an area the NFL would prefer to keep in the dark, the perception from the public that officials are throwing games.

Boxing lost millions of fans because it lost its credibility thanks to Don King and company.

Losing credibility is a nightmare for the NFL.

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

best comment

This lawsuit will go nowhere legally but it will shine more light on an area the NFL would prefer to keep in the dark, the perception from the public that officials are throwing games.

Boxing lost millions of fans because it lost its credibility thanks to Don King and company.

Losing credibility is a nightmare for the NFL.

I agree because with me I feel like the NFL loss it with me. I personally feel the nfl wanted the rams to play in the Superbowl to convert angry rams fans and those in Los Angeles. It was such a good game that was ruined. Just my opinion.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
here's a mock trial

That’s funny. Also interesting that the bad call on the fumble was terrible by the standards of the time but by today’s Standard that requires a football move, it would be a close call. Probably even today it would be a fumble, which shows how bad the call was in that era.

jsberry

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Question that Goodell cannot duck:

What did the NFL do to investigate the suspicious nature of the non-call?

- If the answer is "nothing" then why not?

- If the answer is "something" then the details must be published.

SaintsSwag

Hall-Of-Famer
Reaction score
Just a side point — I don’t think you need to apologize for a redundant post. People get way to sensitive about that around here.

Nobody forces anyone to open a thread. If you have seen the topic before, just move on! Repeat threads do split up conversations that ought to be merged, sometimes, but folks make mistakes. Better too many threads than too few.

Amen my brother!

That's something that I have noticed many times on this forum. It frustrates me everytime I come across it!

If you dont like it you dont have to click on it... Period!!

I've never understood the people that click on a thread just to be negative????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom