Julian Edelman (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
According to my guy Incarcerated Bob IBN@incarceratedbob on twitter, while mostly quiet, the Saints have shown small interest towards Patriots WR/KR Julian Edelman. I think he'd be a great fit/under the radar type signing. I really wanted a guy like James Casey or Delanie Walker to team up with Jimmy Graham, but I wouldn't mind Edelman or a guy like Kevin Walter to complement our WR group.

I love the Ricky Jean Francios rumor, because that is another under the radar move that for a player who many "football guys" -- GMs, scouts, and coaches-- consider to be a very solid player who gives you good value for your dollar considering age/production/potential.

I'm exicited about the little moves the Saints will make. I'm not worried about OT because this staff has PROVEN on multiple occasions they can find offensive linemen at bargain rates to plug and play without a noticeable drop-off in production.

if the ed reed and charles woodson rumors aren't bad enough, the 49'ers are bringing in Glen Dorsey for a visit. Add to that the Bucs are likely suiters for Revis AND Gholdson, and the Falcons get to keep their LT AND pursue pass rushers and I want to throw up.

That's the type of guy I would like to see them sign if they go for an offensive skill position - a talented, versatile guy with reliable hands.

Small interest in a very marginal player...from a very unreliable source....Woohoo

What was the last big rumor from this guy, I seem to forget what he says really fast.

Small interest in a very marginal player...from a very unreliable source....Woohoo

I don't know where he gets his sources, but over the last two years he has broken BIG signings BEFORE Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer, and ALL of the other "big" guys on twitter. THAT counts for something.

My guess, on what he is hearing from his sources, is that the Saints would like to sign him if they can get him on the cheap. It wont be the first time they get a quietly productive player from NE-- remember Dave Thomas? Before head injuries, he was a very solid #2 and versatile player during our SB run. You'd consider him marginal, but in 2009 he had big catches in big spots and his versatility allowed the Saints to use him from numerous alignments like Hback, fullback, TE, ect.

Here's the point-- it's about the best 53, not the best 22. The Saints have to be very wise as to where the put their money on "starting" positions with a stagnant cap many GMs feel is actually going down due to inflation. So improving the role players on the cheap is what builds a team for overcoming injuries and always having an answer to what the other team takes away.

Free Agents over 28-- household names-- aren't going to get big money and long contracts. The Saints can find plenty of value there later. Their focus now is on the younger guys who are under the radar, like a Derek Cox or Victor Butler or Ricky Jean Francios -- guys under 30 who have developed and are respected by GM's and scouts-- thats where you build for future in FA at bargain prices. Later, you get a few household names on 1-2 year deals for peanuts to act as band-aids till you can draft/train a young guy.

Agents are getting smart about the market. You see players like the Isaac Sopoaga taking relatively cheap deals compared to the young up and coming players like Philip Wheeler getting medium sized deals. The agents know the market isn't there for vets over 28 and won't be for a few years, so you see mid tier players jumping on deals on the day normally reserved for mega-deals.

I don't know where he gets his sources, but over the last two years he has broken BIG signings BEFORE Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer, and ALL of the other "big" guys on twitter. THAT counts for something.

My guess, on what he is hearing from his sources, is that the Saints would like to sign him if they can get him on the cheap. It wont be the first time they get a quietly productive player from NE-- remember Dave Thomas? Before head injuries, he was a very solid #2 and versatile player during our SB run. You'd consider him marginal, but in 2009 he had big catches in big spots and his versatility allowed the Saints to use him from numerous alignments like Hback, fullback, TE, ect.

Here's the point-- it's about the best 53, not the best 22. The Saints have to be very wise as to where the put their money on "starting" positions with a stagnant cap many GMs feel is actually going down due to inflation. So improving the role players on the cheap is what builds a team for overcoming injuries and always having an answer to what the other team takes away.

Free Agents over 28-- household names-- aren't going to get big money and long contracts. The Saints can find plenty of value there later. Their focus now is on the younger guys who are under the radar, like a Derek Cox or Victor Butler or Ricky Jean Francios -- guys under 30 who have developed and are respected by GM's and scouts-- thats where you build for future in FA at bargain prices. Later, you get a few household names on 1-2 year deals for peanuts to act as band-aids till you can draft/train a young guy.

Agents are getting smart about the market. You see players like the Isaac Sopoaga taking relatively cheap deals compared to the young up and coming players like Philip Wheeler getting medium sized deals. The agents know the market isn't there for vets over 28 and won't be for a few years, so you see mid tier players jumping on deals on the day normally reserved for mega-deals.

Very well put. Hopefully we can sign Francois & Cox at a medium cap friendly deal.

Incarcerated Bob in a nut shell throws fecal matter at the wall and hopes it sticks. He gets like one in every thirty right

we already have an edelman in sproles. yes sproles dont play defense.but thats not why you sign a rb!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom