Julio Jones possibly traded? (1 Viewer)

saintd

lifetime rookie
Reaction score

I hadn’t heard anything about this prior to now. Wonder what they might get in return with his past injuries.

Julio Jones in our O would be stupid. He missed what 4 games last season? He is like a faster MT. I hate the Falcons with a passion and never could hate JJ. His control of his body and his feel of the D and knowing where he should be is elite. He knows when to break off a route and when there is pressure on the QB, he is almost always in a position to help the QB out. I feel he has been very underrated. No way could we afford him and we would have to give away too much to trade to get him, but as a fantasy...man.

Whoever takes on Julio has to take on that bad contract. Julio doesnt have much left in the tank. Id say this might be his last decent season.

In any case Julios production most definitely not match his contract

Na, I'll pass given our current transitional state. We are no longer in the all-in for Drew mode. I just hope they don't draft Pitts.

Actually I was thinking if they’re trading a receiver maybe they’re thinking about drafting a receiver...like Chase.

A 32 year old veteran who missed significant time last year and carries a $23 mil cap hit, with another $20 mil next year? He is a rental, and there is ZERO way he gets the same kind of compensation when his contract expires at the end of next year. If they can get a 1st that would be great, but I have the feeling no one is offering that right now. *Maybe* Green Bay would use their late 1st rounder (29) but no other teams picking late really need a 2 year rental at WR.

Or: if Atlanta is willing to trade the "best wideout" in the NFL alarm bells should be going off.

Julio's contract isn't that bad but I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick.
I don't believe he is worth a 1st round pick either. I still think he is a talented receiver with a year or two in the tank. I wonder if Atlanta's real compensation is cap relief with a little lagniappe on the side.

Some of these posts would lead you to believe Julio is still in his prime lol....Pay has been greater than production for years now and Father time gets stronger every year he nears retirement.

I don't believe he is worth a 1st round pick either. I still think he is a talented receiver with a year or two in the tank. I wonder if Atlanta's real compensation is cap relief with a little lagniappe on the side.
Trading him would actually cost them 200k more than keeping him this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom