Julio Jones vs. Marques Colston (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I bet most people would say that Jones is at least a 2nd ballot Hall of Famer whenever he retires. However, those same people would laugh if you mentioned Colston as a Hall of Famer. However, their numbers are closer than you think. Jones definitely has Colston on yards but Colston has him beat on TDs. Jones still has some playing time left although he is at the same stage of his career that Colston was...and Jones has been plagued by way more injuries than Colston so it will be interesting to see what he finishes with. I guess I just get tired of how often Colston has been overlooked throughout his career. And if you want to see how much of a joke the Pro Bowl is, look at their numbers and then look at the number of Pro Bowls.

Anyway, based on the numbers below has Jones had the better career? Yes, but, Colston had respectable numbers to not even be mentioned in the same breath as Jones:

Years Played:
Colston - 10
Jones - 10

Yards:
Colston -9,759
Jones - 12,896

TDs
Colston - 72
Jones - 60

Pro Bowls:
Colston - 0
Jones - 7

The lack of pro bowls and draft position will hurt him.

I dunno if other teams were scared to play against Colston, but I've never been scared to go up against JJ twice a year. Not like I hated seeing Roddy White twice.

No receiver has ever scared me like Steve Smith did. What a despicable, awful ,incredibly great player
Almost included him but I just stayed with the Failcons. Smith definitely had our number.

What's the deal with Julio and the lack of TDs? Seems like he'd be a redzone monster.

Just based on the way the Saints play him, he always gets bracketed coverage in the red zone. We force someone else to beat us. Unlike, say the way Lat will defend Evans 1-on-1

Almost included him but I just stayed with the Failcons. Smith definitely had our number.
I was thrilled when Steve Smith left the NFC. He was so great even in his twilight years he was by far the best recieving option in Baltimore. Hopefully he gets in the Hall. No telling how much he would of done if he played with a really good QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom