Julius Thomas Expected to Be Released by Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

HogsNSaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Source is Mike Dirocco of ESPN Jacksonville.

Jaguars can save $4.7 million by letting him go. 24 TDs in his last two years in Denver, was misplaced in Jacksonville's offense and oft-injured..

Getting up there in age and has a had a ton of injuries. That could drive his price down to a bargain. Packers were able to bring in Cook on a cheap deal and he won them a big game this last weekend. I don't think Fleener is our guy, and bringing in another dynamic seem stretcher could make this O even better.

Should we draft a TE, or kick the tires on Thomas?

I think tight end is a position of luxury, that you develop thru the draft.

Thomas will have his market, and I doubt he will sign for cheap, even with the history of injuries.

We already have enough money invested at the TE position. If we want to upgrade it im not upset with using a pick on one.

Hell, I imagine Seattle will part ways with Jimmy Graham. He's so misused and miscast in that offense, his salary is a waste there. He'll be cheaper than he should, slightly, and knows he can thrive here. I don't care what he said when he left.

I'm pretty sure we've hitched our wagon to Fleener. He'd generate 7.5 million in dead money if released post June 1st. Our offense should be lights out next year anyway. We need defense.

Hell, I imagine Seattle will part ways with Jimmy Graham. He's so misused and miscast in that offense, his salary is a waste there. He'll be cheaper than he should, slightly, and knows he can thrive here. I don't care what he said when he left.

I think they keep him. He may not be getting 1400 yards there like he did here, but they've gotten used to his effectiveness on 3rd downs and in the redzone. And he was still 3rd in receiving yards among all TEs.

I think the Seahawks will actually extend Graham this offseason.

I wouldn't want the Saints to sign Julius Thomas unless it was like a vet minimum deal. He's a good red zone threat, but he's very injury prone.

I say we pass on Thomas and see if we can find a diamond in the rough, say a 5th round selection.

I think the Seahawks will actually extend Graham this offseason.

I wouldn't want the Saints to sign Julius Thomas unless it was like a vet minimum deal. He's a good red zone threat, but he's very injury prone.

And runs lazy routes. Ask Peyton Manning about him.

If Jeremy Sprinkle is still there in the 6th round, I'd pick him. The shoplifting thing could just be chalked up to a stupid decision by a young guy in a moment of immaturity. There were no character concerns with him leading up to that.

He probably won't be available that late, anyway. After the Senior Bowl and Combine, if he interviews well and shows the proper remorse, he'll probably move back up to a 3rd-4th round pick.

i'm not about spending any more money on a TE outside of a rookie contract. all this talk about bringing back jimmy, yall must have forgot his disappearing act against good teams. i suspect this is part of the reason we moved him, in addition to his attitude. jimmy had some beast seasons, but those last couple here he really was nowhere to be found against good defenses, which is what we'd be playing against in the postseason.

much like graham, julius thomas was a product of his previous QB. in order for him to have success, he needs to go to a team with an elite QB. we've already hitched our wagon to fleener so i don't we'll have room to sign him unless his market is stone cold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom