Jumping from the Wagon (1 Viewer)

Before anyone jumps off maybe they should read this article.

It's not as bleak as it seems for Saints fans

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- ARTICLE BODYTEXT --><!--ARTICLE TEXT--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
. . . things are not as bleak for the Saints' playoff chances as some are thinking.

Obviously, they have to start winning. All the tiebreakers and trends in the world can't overcome too many losses. If, however, they can muster up three more victories, it's hard to imagine New Orleans not returning to the postseason for the first time since 2000.

This is the big picture in the NFC. Chicago is in at 9-1. That leaves eight teams at 5-5 or better battling it out for five remaining playoff spots.

With a win today in Atlanta, none of those teams will have a better record than New Orleans.

Before anyone jumps off maybe they should read this article.

It's not as bleak as it seems for Saints fans

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- ARTICLE BODYTEXT --><!--ARTICLE TEXT--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thank you for making my point....the article says the very same thing I'm saying....STOP turning the ball over, and we have a shot!.....keep turning the ball over, and we have NO SHOT!

The players are practicing all week not to turn the ball over.....then come Sunday......and THEY DO THE OPOSITE! which points to a sloppy preparation DURING THE WEEK, and that is manifested in their play at the end of the week!

I listened the the "Genius" (Brian Billick) on Sirius about firing his OC, Fassel....and he said that the number one thing he did was EMPHASYSING the rules OF BASIC FOOTBALL!....DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER, AND CREATE TURNOVERS, was the MOST IMPORTANT thing he insisted upon, and that INSISTANCE created friction among some of his players DURING THE WEEK! They did not take his INSISTANCE seriously at the beginning, and COMPLAINED at the extended work-load he DEMANDED, when some of his players were screwing up.....but now after his team is OUT EXECUTING their opposition every game, AND WINNING THEIR GAMES AS THE RESULT OF THOSE LITTLE THINGS THEY DID DURING THE WEEK........the very same players came to him, and ASKED HIM NOT TO QUIT in what he's doing, AND NOW THEY UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE of paying serious attention in practice!

The Ravens are 8&2 as a result, and lots of people predict that they have an excellent chance making it to the big dance!

Maybe Sean Payton should take notice, and start demanding from the players the same INTENSITY DURING THEIR WEEKLY PRACTICE......and that should ELIMINATE the mistakes they make at the end of the week......

The Wagon Jumping threads shouldn't appear here and should never be said to Saints fans, Anyone thats a Saints fan is a Fan of A Historically "LOSING" Franchise Anyone that even dares Wear a Saints Jersey is a Die hard Fan of this team, I don't understand how these Bandwagon Jumping Threads get sparked up.

Listen how can someone cheer for a Team thats never had a consistant Winning Record like other teams with a Fan-base as big as ours?
I can see if Saints had Superbowl or had Constant visits to the playoffs and suddenly went through a Dought couple of years, hell ya i'll say these people were Bandwagon'ers but Saints are Traditionally Losers and we love em regardless, Somehow We keep coming back every year, No one can explain it, But we keep putting our Money into this team EVERY single year and now even more than ever, We might have picked up a few Bush"wacked" Fans that Followed Bush and Brees to this team but i doubt they made it this far to the forum or probably aren't even posting.
It's Just mind boggling to call anyone that wears Black and Gold (losing Colors) Bandwagon fans. Wait until we wear rings or become Playoff contenders Yearly to make these threads As of Now they are invalid anyone thats fussing has the right to do so because they see a Better Product than the Record shows and wanna know why.

Thank you for making my point....the article says the very same thing I'm saying....STOP turning the ball over, and we have a shot!.....keep turning the ball over, and we have NO SHOT!

I agree. However, IMO the problem is more forcing turnovers than it is the number we give up (although that number isn't great). Because we force so few it magnifies the number we've given up. Chicago for instance have turned the ball over the exact same number of times - but they have a +9 turnover differential. We have a -9.

It does make it critically important that you don't turn the ball over on offense when you're defense is so poor at getting the ball back.

Maybe Sean Payton should take notice, and start demanding from the players the same INTENSITY DURING THEIR WEEKLY PRACTICE......and that should ELIMINATE the mistakes they make at the end of the week......
I know I'm watching things from a long way away, but Payton comes accross as a pretty intense sort of coach. I would have thought these turnovers are driving him nuts and the players would be paying for it. I'm surprised to hear that's not the case.

I found this site at the start of last season and spent a whole 3-13 season on the board. I don't think you can say I was on the wagon. I'm a lifer.

Jumping off the wagon.....what that means?....if it means they no longer believe the Saints go to the playoff, then count me in! I think the Saints are using smoke and mirrors when using the D to stop the opponents, and they can't seem to stop anybody at this point!...Yes, the offense is great, and I hope we can outscore some of our opponents, but we're not stopping anybody with our D.....and that will probably mean no playoffs!....having a though schedule isn't helping either, and winning 4 out of the last 6 is highly unlikely at this point, unless our D comes alive somehow....
all we need to win is 3....doable

to me a bandwagon fan is one who likes the sugar high of immediate & seemingly easy success. When things get a little rough their defense mechanism to dissapointment kicks in which results in professing imminent doom. They probably should be ignored in good & bad times.

to me a bandwagon fan is one who likes the sugar high of immediate & seemingly easy success. When things get a little rough their defense mechanism to dissapointment kicks in which results in professing imminent doom. They probably should be ignored in good & bad times.

Oh, so that what defines a bandwagon fan.....so should I be Merry and happy for my team stinking up the place?....playing "dumb" football??!

We're playing dumb football according to our coach, who points out the mistakes as proof of "not being smart"!.....that means "dumb" to me and others, but hey!....maybe our HC is a bandwagon fan too!

To me a bandwagon fan is the fan who INSIST of HIS BRAND OF LOYALTY!!......anybody else who doesn't subscribe to that brand, IS A BANDWAGON FAN!!....so we had posters who accused other posters of being bandwagon fans if they didn't agreed with their assessment when they predicted a 16&0 season!!...anybody else was nothing but a bandwagon fan!!.....and they had their time in the sun in the first 3 weeks of the season when the SAINTS WENT 3&0.....but then the UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED!!.....the Saints lost one game!! ......hey, where are those fans who predicted a 15&1 season???....were they finally got the recognition of being "true fans" cause the team could not possibly be 16&0??!!......sure, was the answer....JUMP IN!.......but soon after, the team lost another game.....HEY!! CAN WE JUMP IN TOO.....those of us who predicted a 14&2 season??...are we true fans now??......same thing happened after the 3rd and 4th loss, with the exception that those fans who ACCUSED EVERYBODY ELSE of being bandwagon fans were no longer INDENTIFIABLE!!.....THEY LEFT THE FORUM, OR BETTER YET!!....changed their alt!

And the discussion keeps going on.......we lost 4, and if we lose another one, they probably have to change their alt once again, or risk being ridiculed!!

I don't like the statement "dont jump the wagon YET" for some reason. If your not going to stay on the wagon then hop off. This is the time to do it.

We're playing dumb football according to our coach, who points out the mistakes as proof of "not being smart"!.....that means "dumb" to me and others, but hey!....maybe our HC is a bandwagon fan too!
I believe the coach believes we will make the playoffs...unlike you.

You are a banwagon fan when you let basically the last 2 games dictate your prognostigation of the future and predict difinate doom & gloom. Sure...if we are negative 2-3 in TOs every one of the remaining games things may get ugly but let's keep things in perspective & see how the season plays out. ...one week at a time. Just like if we win the next 2...which is certainly a reasonable possibility...that won't necessarly mean we are SB bound.

With few exceptions....every team in the NFL has or will experience a tough patch like we are now. Let's just wait & see how long it lasts.,

People are starting to fall off of the Saints bandwagon... this is when you see who the real fans are

People who can stay with the the team through their troubles

Everyone got excited when they were 5-1...but since then i have heard alot of people saying the famous words that i hate to hear

Its the "SAME OL' SAINTS"

This just boggles my mind... this is a totally different team then we have ever had in the past... and if we do not turn the ball over we would have a very good record of like 9-1...so if the saints correct this problem this week which i think they will they have a good chance to run the table the rest of the way.

Dont jump the wagon yet

Just because someone is upset with the way the team has played recently and is frustrated by all the turnovers and defensive breakdowns and post those feelings here, does not necessarily mean they are jumping off the so called "BANDWAGON". Actually, the purpose of this forum and this site is to discuss and debate all things Saints. If someone is upset at the way the team is playing and states what he or she sees in a game or over the course of several games that this person may see as a trend is doing exactly what this site was designed for. Discussing what they see that the team is doing right or doing wrong and this opens discussion or debate as to what can be done or if anything should be done etc. If a person doesn't agree with you, that doesn't mean they are jumping off of your so called 'BANDWAGON". If you disagree with them then state your case as to what you think and see.

I am not talking about anyone who post on this forum... i know that everyone who is posting are true Saints fans... i am talking about other people that i run into on the street... and some of my friends who were pumped for the saints early on but now they are fading slowly...

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE HERE...that is why i am here becasue i know that over 99% of the people on the Saintsreport are true die hard fans

sorry if i offended anyone

I believe the coach believes we will make the playoffs...unlike you.

You are a banwagon fan when you let basically the last 2 games dictate your prognostigation of the future and predict difinate doom & gloom. Sure...if we are negative 2-3 in TOs every one of the remaining games things may get ugly but let's keep things in perspective & see how the season plays out. ...one week at a time. Just like if we win the next 2...which is certainly a reasonable possibility...that won't necessarly mean we are SB bound.

With few exceptions....every team in the NFL has or will experience a tough patch like we are now. Let's just wait & see how long it lasts.,

Last 2 games dictate my prognostication??....how about losing 3 of the last 4 games?....let me ask you something....do you like the direction we're heading???....YES, OR NO??? There is no simpler question than this.....if you don't like it, like I don't like it , then why don't you try to answer what's wrong, instead of accusing others?!

There seems to be too many turnovers....why is that, greeparrot?....why is that players practice for the WHOLE WEEK NOT TO COMMIT TURNOVERS, YET THAT'S WHAT THEY DO THE FIRST CHANCHE THEY GET.....ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY THEY DO THAT?

Or....as you say, this is a very tough patch for our team......do you have any idea how can we AVOID turning the ball over? or do you think this is a very natural development in the progress of the season, and eventually it will play itself out??? then answer this...why not EVERY team experiencing similar tough patches....but only a few teams do that.....a great majority of teams seem to AVOID THESE MELTDOWNS, how come our team is in the middle of this mess??

As you know....we lost 3 of the last 4 what if we lose the next game too?...will that also be considered the "natural process" of the season?....I see that you aren't concerned at all.....should I deduct that you really don't care??.....and you are the REAL bandwagon fan here?!

I volunteered to drive the bandwagon a week ago... so I'm a lifer...
WoooHoooo!! We got us a designated driver!! Drink up Saints fans!! We got a bumpy ride from here to the Superbowl!!!

Last 2 games dictate my prognostication??....how about losing 3 of the last 4 games?....let me ask you something....do you like the direction we're heading???....YES, OR NO??? There is no simpler question than this.....if you don't like it, like I don't like it , then why don't you try to answer what's wrong, instead of accusing others?!

There seems to be too many turnovers....why is that, greeparrot?....why is that players practice for the WHOLE WEEK NOT TO COMMIT TURNOVERS, YET THAT'S WHAT THEY DO THE FIRST CHANCHE THEY GET.....ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY THEY DO THAT?

Or....as you say, this is a very tough patch for our team......do you have any idea how can we AVOID turning the ball over? or do you think this is a very natural development in the progress of the season, and eventually it will play itself out??? then answer this...why not EVERY team experiencing similar tough patches....but only a few teams do that.....a great majority of teams seem to AVOID THESE MELTDOWNS, how come our team is in the middle of this mess??

As you know....we lost 3 of the last 4 what if we lose the next game too?...will that also be considered the "natural process" of the season?....I see that you aren't concerned at all.....should I deduct that you really don't care??.....and you are the REAL bandwagon fan here?!
I'm concerned.....just not panicking. Geeeees!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom