Jumping from the Wagon (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
People are starting to fall off of the Saints bandwagon... this is when you see who the real fans are

People who can stay with the the team through their troubles

Everyone got excited when they were 5-1...but since then i have heard alot of people saying the famous words that i hate to hear

Its the "SAME OL' SAINTS"

This just boggles my mind... this is a totally different team then we have ever had in the past... and if we do not turn the ball over we would have a very good record of like 9-1...so if the saints correct this problem this week which i think they will they have a good chance to run the table the rest of the way.

Dont jump the wagon yet

Jumping off the wagon.....what that means?....if it means they no longer believe the Saints go to the playoff, then count me in! I think the Saints are using smoke and mirrors when using the D to stop the opponents, and they can't seem to stop anybody at this point!...Yes, the offense is great, and I hope we can outscore some of our opponents, but we're not stopping anybody with our D.....and that will probably mean no playoffs!....having a though schedule isn't helping either, and winning 4 out of the last 6 is highly unlikely at this point, unless our D comes alive somehow....

Winning four of the next six is highly unlikely??? I dissent. We have only been truly outplayed once, the Baltimore game. We stop the turnover bleeding, there's no reason we cannot run the table and finish 12-4.

Yeah, ever notice that there arent like 10,000 people logged into SR.com during times like these?
Who cares if people are on the bandwagon?? You are a Saints fan not because anyone else is or isnt.
One day, we will be repayed for our years of misery.

Well yeah, I have been off the wagon for a while. Man the livers startin to kill me though. Have to get back on soon.

Yeah, ever notice that there arent like 10,000 people logged into SR.com during times like these?
Who cares if people are on the bandwagon?? You are a Saints fan not because anyone else is or isnt.
One day, we will be repayed for our years of misery.

I hear ya... I watch all of the game until the end even when we are getting beat down... I dont care who is on the band wagon i am merely saying that people are jumping ship who were fired up for the saints in the beginning of the season

i am a huge jean-claude fan nice pic

Winning four of the next six is highly unlikely??? I dissent. We have only been truly outplayed once, the Baltimore game. We stop the turnover bleeding, there's no reason we cannot run the table and finish 12-4.

Well??.....can we stop the turnovers??....talking about it, but keep turning the ball over seem to be the new way of doing things around here, and unless we stop killing ourselves with these stupid turnovers, we'll doom our chances for the postseason!....fact is, we are not playing smart football right now...

Ill never leave...you can call it a disease ,but i love it.

I've been hooked since my first game in 1984. I'm a lifer. Get off if you like, I'll be here till the end.

"This thing of ours, there's no getting out of it. "- Tony Soprano

birdog-but keep turning the ball over seem to be the new way of doing things around here'

Haha, I love the smell of new blood.
We have been turning the ball over for a long time 'around here', but we have only seen it pop it's little ugly head up, this season, the last couple of weeks, hence the optimism.
Sorry, another parade is calling that you might want to attend...........................................

I see no point in making distinctions like this as, imo, it's only self-serving to people who want to make them feel like "more of a fan" than someone else. Being a fan of a team is an entirely emotional experience that is subjective to the individual. There's no special bonus the "real fans" get at the end of the season.

I have followed the Saints ever since I had a conscious interest in football. Being from New Orleans, it's my team by birth. I have lived in many other states and will most likely be relocating soon again but I would never be as "emotionally invested" in another team as I am in the Saints.

So, what makes someone a bad or bandwagon fan? I was extremely critical of Mora and Haslett on the tail ends of their tenures here and think both wore out their welcomes by a good three years or so each. I won't even get started on my opinion on Benson.

Obviously I want to see the Saints win... and not just win a piddly 9 or 10 regular season games... I mean win a championship. Win multiple championships. And then go out and win even more championships. Much like the late Buddy D., I am highly critical of the team when it makes poor decisions and won't put aside an objective opinion on a coaching/front office/ownership decision just because it's swaddled in black and gold cloth.

Sports teams are bigger than the players, coaches, and even owners. All of those people are transitory. I didn't consider myself any less of a fan when Haslett's incompetence was resulting in back-to-back late season meltdowns and myself and others were calling for his termination than I do now with the team poised to be a significant force in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom