Junior College Wide Receivers: Duron Carter & Courtney Gardner? Our Next Joe Horn? (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score

Duron Carter
(son of Chris)

6-5

duroncarter_w_dad.jpg

Duron is impressing during his training. With his goal to get his forty yard dash time down to the low 4.4’s, he has ran a 4.49 while consistently running low 4.5’s. Duron has an 80-inch wingspan, which is longer than anybody measured in at the Senior Bowl last week. He also has a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10 feet, 4 inch broad jump, both quality marks.
2013 NFL Draft: Duron Carter's Journey and How It Has Shaped Him for the Future | Bleacher Report

Video:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-HuEzA914hs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PeYsyaPwiKk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Courtney Gardner

6-3

220lbs

01-Courtney_Gardner.jpeg

Sierra College wide receiver Courtney Gardner's name is "making the rounds in the scouting community as one of the biggest sleepers at the receiver position." Gardner stands an impressive 6-foot-3 and weighs in at 220-pounds. His frame and physical prowess are generating the hype. He is certainly a big-bodied wide receiver that can use his size well to keep defenders away and elevate for the ball.
Courtney Gardner rising up draft boards - NFL - Rumors - FanNation

On top of his size, Gardner has some impressive speed. As a track athlete, Gardner was able to run the 100 meters race in 10.7 seconds.
NFL Draft 2013: Courtney Gardner, WR, Sierra Emerging as Super Sleeper - FanSided - Sports News - An Independent Sports Network

Highlight video

Courtney Gardner - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

joe-horn-sean-paytonjpg-d4c58e4bd52de85e_large.jpg

College career

Horn played two years of college football (1991&#8211;1992) at Itawamba Community College in Fulton, Mississippi. At Itawamba, he picked up 54 catches for 878 yards and seven touchdowns as a wide receiver and a punt returner. Still unable to qualify for Division I college football,he returned to Fayetteville and worked at a fast food restaurant and at a furniture factory.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Shugar_1-2">[1]</sup>

Joe Horn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Duron Carter is a freakin trian wreck waiting to happen! Wiht that said I believe his dad is going to look for him and someone will pick him up in the late rounds. If not, the Saints should sign him as an un-drafted rookie. But I doubt he'll be there.

Duron Carter is a freakin trian wreck waiting to happen! Wiht that said I believe his dad is going to look for him and someone will pick him up in the late rounds. If not, the Saints should sign him as an un-drafted rookie. But I doubt he'll be there.

"Train wreck"??? Why? Does he have personal issues? Looks like a talent, why is he going to go undafted? Why is he a JUCO guy?

"Train wreck"??? Why? Does he have personal issues? Looks like a talent, why is he going to go undafted? Why is he a JUCO guy?

He was at Alabama the last 2 seasons. He never saw the field and never dressed out for a game. He was never actaully on the team from what they said. There was a cloud of mystery surrounding him the whole time he was there and Saban would never elaborate as to why Carter wasn't on the team. He would only say things like "Duron knows what he needs to do to play for this team", and it never made it past that stage. Right before last season started they said he was no longer a student at Alabama and he transferred to a junior college. Whatever happened at Bama was never documented. He was at Ohio State before that and left under a similar cloud of mystery.

My thoughts are that he was given a shot more or less, because he was Cris Carter's kid and because of his natural ability but he never saw the field at 2 big-time programs.

I heard he refused to go to class.

The son of NFL great Cris Carter, Duron Carter was one of the top receivers in the recruiting class of 2009 and signed with Ohio State. After one year in Columbus -- where he caught what would be the only 13 receptions and lone touchdown of his FBS career -- he left the team with grade issues and transferred to Coffeyville Community College, where he became one of the nation's top JUCO wideouts.

Carter signed with Alabama in 2011 and was expected to play a major role for both those eventual national champions and the 2012 BCS title game representatives, but grades again prevented him from ever seeing the field, and he left for FAU.

Duron Carter only catches touchdowns.

Courtney Gardner has one of the fastest releases off the LoS ive seen. If hes given the chance he could definitely be something one day.

Don't want Duron Carter anywhere near our lockerroom. As said previously, he was such a screw-up at Alabama he was rarely ever even allowed to practice.

Courtney Gardner is also originally from New Iberia. He tried to commit to LSU this recruiting season, but couldn't get his grades. No character risks that I know of.

those would be great pick ups, can't find Gardener on the draft boards and looks like Carter will be a FA

Duron Carter Pro day.

He measured in at 6&#8217;3 1/8 inches and weighed in at 206 pounds. According to the report, Carter ran his 40-yard dash in the low 4.5&#8242;s. Some teams had him as low as a 4.46 while others had him as high as 4.53. Very impressive regardless.
In addition, he finished with a 10&#8217;5&#8243; broad jump and he vertical came in at 35 inches.
Carter ran great routes and drew the interest of multiple teams. Those teams are currently the Bears, Panthers, Eagles and Chiefs. Carter and his camp now believe he will be drafted after his performance today.
All 32 NFL teams were in attendance at the Pro Day.
2013 Pro Day: Duron Carter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom