Junior low balled? (mod edit: not contract related) (1 Viewer)

That's how negotiations work Junior... they're not gonna offer you 6 mill/yr out the gate. They low ball you, then you negotiate your way up.

Then again... what's the going rate for a 3-year unproven DE?

Ohhh crap. I hope this doesn't get nasty. We need Juneyah.

Anyone on a defense as bad as this one was that takes it to Twitter during negotiations is not someone we need. IMO he is an unproven project and if this is what he meant then adios. We need team players not Twitter heroes

if this is indeed about his contract he needs to take some pepto for that bad case of diarrea of the mouth. Sign a short term contract and then go out in this new system, produce at a high level for a year or two, then get a big pay day.

I do not understand this board's obsession with a guy that has done next to nothing on the field. We've been talking about his "potential" for what seems like an eternity and every year is going to be the year he breaks out. Then when he doesn't, it's everyone's fault but his.

And of course they lowballed him. What has he done to earn a payday? Normally teams want, ya know, actual production before they give you a decent contract.

Loomis & Payton won't tolerate too much of Galette's airing of his financial greivances. It's not their style. Keep your business in the building!

They just went through a public fiasco. This is his second Tweet on this subject and I bet his last, at least on this team.

Isn't he just going to get Tendered? Maybe they only did an original round tender. Is he expecting a 1st and 3rd tender?

I can barely even see him getting a 2nd round tender. that would be a nice one year pay day for him and he can then improve his value.

Anyone on a defense as bad as this one was that takes it to Twitter during negotiations is not someone we need. IMO he is an unproven project and if this is what he meant then adios. We need team players not Twitter heroes
Calm down, big fella. Junior was probably our best pass rusher this past season, and one of the few bright spots on the defense. And I know you love to think that since our defense was bad then it must mean everyone of the players sucked.

Sometimes I wish we could cut some fans for saying silly things on a message board.:hihi:

Isn't he just going to get Tendered? Maybe they only did an original round tender. Is he expecting a 1st and 3rd tender?

I can barely even see him getting a 2nd round tender. that would be a nice one year pay day for him and he can then improve his value.
1st and 3rd no longer exists. There are only 3 tenders to choose from now.

1st, 2nd, or original round.

Coming from the guy that was calling him a cheerleader, we know you've never liked him. He was one of the few bright spots on that defense.

He's proven to be our best pass rusher but he shouldn't be expecting a multi year deal in the middle of a scheme change when he's an RFA and we're over the cap. Don't post stuff on twitter and don't feel disrespected. Play on your tender, go beast mode as the starting WOLB and then get your pay day.

It's a negotiation ploy folks. Loomis low balls - Galette pitches a fit, he engages fans hoping they pitch a fit, he then puts down his card to be insanely overpayed... and the dance continues.

I'm willing to bet he's listening to his agent. Anyone know who that is? I, for one, agree that he is still an unproven commodity. The Saints have to consider cap ramifications, and his agent wants to make more money, so he tells JG not to sign it because he "got low-balled." That's how it works, I'm afraid.

In the words of John Madden..................."potential means you ain't done it yet".

What makes this guy think he deserves a fat contract when all he has shown is flashes?

If he's not happy then let him take his unproven resume to the open market and get a dose of reality when no one offers him any more than the Saints put on the table.

Captain Cuz............

This is the same thing Carl Nicks did last year before he signed with TB.

That may be true but Knicks was regarded as one of the top 3 guards in the NFL.........Gallette is regarded as a spot player and nothing more.

Can't figure these guys out..............:jpshakehead:

In the words of John Madden..................."potential means you ain't done it yet".

What makes this guy think he deserves a fat contract when all he has shown is flashes?

If he's not happy then let him take his unproven resume to the open market and get a dose of reality when no one offers him any more than the Saints put on the table.

Captain Cuz............

This is the same thing Carl Nicks did last year before he signed with TB.

That may be true but Knicks was regarded as one of the top 3 guards in the NFL.........Gallette is regarded as a spot player and nothing more.

Can't figure these guys out..............:jpshakehead:

All I am mentioning is the taking it to twitter. I'm not claiming they are of equal standing or talent.

I like Galette a lot, and I see him blowing up in our new system. But that being said, he hasnt done a single thing yet. We hype him up, and say he balled in the limited snaps he got, and he did. But he's proven nothing yet, and to come on twitter and start yapping makes him seem selfish. I honestly hope its something else, cause I'm a fan of the guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom