JuniorG. I'm a saint for life!! (1 Viewer)

"Any transition (to outside linebacker) I would have to make would be smooth," Galette said. "God blessed me with the ability to move around, and I would be blessed to make that transition. I don't want to end up playing 26 percent of the snaps like I did last year.

"I don't think it's even a matter of being more comfortable from one position to another. It's simply being on the field. It's just like basketball. As long as you're on the court, you can make things happen. The ultimate goal they're going to have for me is to get to the quarterback. That's what I do and that's my strong point. They're going to use every tool I have to get me to the quarterback."

‏@JuniorG93 New Year New $$$.......RE UP....

Interested in hearing the details. From what I know I don't think teams have started offering RFA tenders so this seems more like an actual deal to me.

Exciting to hear our players want to stay and prove that last year was a fluke. WHO DAT!!!

Drew Brees said the same thing. Just because a player tweets something doesn't mean he'll accept any contract.

And my guess is that his agent loved it about as much as J.G's. did. I wasn't suggesting he would sign any contract, not sure where you got that idea, but it does make the job harder for the agent.

And my guess is that his agent loved it about as much as J.G's. did. I wasn't suggesting he would sign any contract, not sure where you got that idea, but it does make the job harder for the agent.

These are completely different scenarios. No offense to Junior, but he isnt remotely the name that Brees is and agents handle negotiations for B-list clients different than A-list ones.

Brees' agent had a huge priority to get the largest deal possible for multiple reasons. A.) he needed to set the bar higher for his other A-list clients. B.) he needed to show future A-list clients that he has what it takes to get them the top money in the game as opposed to the rival agents.

For Junior's agent, no potential future client is going to ask him about how much money he was able to get a situational pass rusher on the worst defense last year. If Junior wants to give a home town discount, his agent is much more likely to agree with that than drew brees in a similar situation. In fact, it might look more promising to future B-list clients that he wont mess you around and disobey your wishes just to squeeze out more pennies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom