Just a coulple of things to get out of the way before the Bills game (1 Viewer)

I posted this in another thread, but will repeat it. Kolb was 15-22 for 187yds, 1TD, 1 sack & 0 INTs in the 1st half. Yes, 71 of those yds were from one play, but even negating those 71 that is a very good half by a QB starting his 1st NFL game. People blaming the yards on the prevent can not turn a blind eye to all the facts. We did great in the 3rd quarter, but I think part of that was because we were bringing the LBs & DBs. If we have to do that every game I think some of the better QBs in the league are going to torch us.

Yes, he had a good first half. And we were still leading at halftime. That is how good our O is. That is how good our run D is. Get over it. Teams are going to have to pass to beat us. That is what we want them to do. It's like having pocket Kings in poker. Are you still going to lose 15% of the time (or whatever the % is)? Yes. Are you still willing to go all-in with that hand almost every time. Yep.

All wins are important.

must win = lose and the season will be a failure

A road game, early in the season, against an AFC opponent is as close to an opposite of a must win as is available.

We will win, Buffalo will find a way to lose no matter how well they play. i.e pats game.

The Saints "Must Win" a lot of games to get to the playoffs and win a Superbowl. So I consider every game a must win until we have won the division and secured home field advantage throughout the playoffs. No rest until that point.

Every game we lose is potentially a game back in our division and therefor we rely on the Falcons losing to another team for us to win the division. And we just can't do that. If we keep winning, we control our own destiny instead of hoping the Falcons slip up.

The Saints "Must Win" a lot of games to get to the playoffs and win a Superbowl. So I consider every game a must win until we have won the division and secured home field advantage throughout the playoffs. No rest until that point.

Every game we lose is potentially a game back in our division and therefor we rely on the Falcons losing to another team for us to win the division. And we just can't do that. If we keep winning, we control our own destiny instead of hoping the Falcons slip up.

I guess I'll beat the horse a bit. You lose the meaning of "must win" if you make every game a "must win". The original intent was to indicate a game out of the ordinary enough to make the game carry special significance.

The fact that...

1. It's on the road. No loss to our home fans at the dome.
2. Early in the season. We don't know how the season will stack up and who will vie for positioning at the end of the season.
3. In the AFC. The top tiebreakers are all about divisional and conference opponents.

All of the above factors make this game not a "must win".

I think we will win, every game is important, and I want the best record possible for seeding at the end of the year but save the "must wins" for special games if you ask me.

BILLS fan stopping in

What's good Saints fans - saw this board linked from a Bills board so I thought I'd drop a line.

Love the team you have there. I've had Brees in fantasy the past 3 years, and he's won me a ton of cash. But he's also a hell of a competitor and a class act - huge fan of that dude.

Good luck on Sunday and pray for no injuries. I think Buff has a shot if the weather does not hold up - trust me, everyone I know is praying for a freak snow storm haha. I see no reason why Brees shouldn't have his typical 350 and 3 TDs. We do have a few playmakers on D though, and hopefully McKelvin is healthy enough to play. Trent and Freddy has been moving the ball very, very well, but had 0 TDs in 4 red-zone possessions against Tampa. That won't do it against Brees and co. I see a high scoring 10 point win for New Orleans, which could change if we get a few turnovers or the typically electric special teams show up.

And just a misconception I've read a few times - Leftwich's 300 and 3 TD were super decieving. Most yards were in desperation in the 4th when the game was all but over. (Similar to Kolb's numbers I'm guessing)

I'll be rooting for your squad big time starting Monday the 28th. I'd love to see you guys make a run, and f up Dallas and NYG along the way. But as for Sunday afternoon - GO BILLS!

Thanks for the good wishes TT. We'll be hoping for no injuries for you guys too, but for good weather. I hope you understand.

I posted this in another thread, but will repeat it. Kolb was 15-22 for 187yds, 1TD, 1 sack & 0 INTs in the 1st half. Yes, 71 of those yds were from one play, but even negating those 71 that is a very good half by a QB starting his 1st NFL game. People blaming the yards on the prevent can not turn a blind eye to all the facts. We did great in the 3rd quarter, but I think part of that was because we were bringing the LBs & DBs. If we have to do that every game I think some of the better QBs in the league are going to torch us.

If that huge pass for the td doesn't happen Kolb's stats are 14-21 with 116 yds and a sack. Not to mention, if that bomb isn't completed the Saints go into halftime up 17-3. 116 yards and no td in the firat half of a game is not impressive at all.

Every game is a must win game. I don't understand why people say it isn't.
Mostly because it isn't. We can lose this game and still have a successful season. We can lose this game and still go to the playoffs. We can lose this game and still win the superbowl. I don't know what some people are using for a definition of "must" but I usually think of a "must win" as a game that we must win. Obviously, we want to win them all but some wins you *have* to win or the season is over and some wins you don't. A game against a non-conference opponent early in the season cannot possibly be must win.

I think it is more of a must not lose game. The Bills pass defense is in shambles and the #1 offense and QB should be able to pick it apart and make this no contest by the third. If the Saints want to be taken serious and gain respect from the media, then this is a "must not lose" game. Good teams beat the teams that are down on their luck, they don't find ways to give the other team hope. Either way, Drew and Co. will put 40 on the Bills and win.

I am glad we are 2-0, but our DL has to get more pressure. We haven't played a really good QB yet. Against better QBs, lack of pressure will hurt us.

Players and coaches alike should treat every game as a "must win" game, what other kind of attitude is there to approach a game with? Every game should be played with a sense of urgency! If this team is in a division race with Atlanta down to the end, this game might be the difference between hosting a playoff game as a division champ, or going on the road as a wildcard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom