Just a coulple of things to get out of the way before the Bills game (1 Viewer)

1. It's not a must win game

2. Reggie will be fine and is a big part of the team

3. The national media does give the Saints respect

4. Grant & Smith do not have to have sacks to have a good game

Every game is a must win game. I don't understand why people say it isn't.

Buffalo is one of the weaker teams we will face, so yes, it is a must win.

A loss to an AFC team is never a "backbreaker" to anything in week 3.

There's nothing remotely must win about this game.

Regardless, we will blow them out.

It will be nice being the only undefeated team in the South after week 3 :9:

This game IS a must-win for sure. Although I see the Bills being a stiff opponent, we'll pull it off as long as we continue to have a rushing game. We get one dimensional against any decent team, and we will have our work cut out for us.

No official word on Bell yet, if Reggie will be our featured tailback, it will either be a blessing or a haunting. It will be a short day if we try to run Reggie as a traditional RB, short because he will be sitting next to Bell with an icepack on some part of his body.

With Reggie in single sets behind Brees, as history shows, just stack the LOS, and he will do nothing for the most part. With Reggie in a 2-back set, he is a little more effective, and will even break off a run or two. Now, in either situation, when he motions, the entire defense shifts, creating mismatches. This is where we need to use him without a doubt. Guess I am beating a dead horse.

Reggie will either put up amazing numbers and bring up the Reggie debates again, or he will look like the usual Reggie, and bring up the debates again...........I guess we will always debate him, even when he is with another team.

The Saints were playing 2 deep safties the whole 4th qtr. when he got nearly 200 yrds passing.

Sure I don't like the prevent either but when you have a big enough lead it keeps your team healthy.

I posted this in another thread, but will repeat it. Kolb was 15-22 for 187yds, 1TD, 1 sack & 0 INTs in the 1st half. Yes, 71 of those yds were from one play, but even negating those 71 that is a very good half by a QB starting his 1st NFL game. People blaming the yards on the prevent can not turn a blind eye to all the facts. We did great in the 3rd quarter, but I think part of that was because we were bringing the LBs & DBs. If we have to do that every game I think some of the better QBs in the league are going to torch us.

1. Every game you are suppose to win, and yes we are suppose to beat the Bills, is a must win

2. I agree

3. We haven't done alot to deserve it yet. Let's get to the playoffs again and then start complaining.

4. I agree

Do you think Grant and Smith have played as well as Hargrove and McCray? Maybe you think so, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't. Hargrove, and Sharper are so far, without question, the most pleasant surprise of the 2009 season. He did drop the interception, but other than that, he has played very well showed good quickness.

Fixed it for ya!!

Let's just retire the phrase "must win" since it apprently applys to all situations, every week, regardless of standings or oppoenent's conference. It even applys when every single fact points to the game not being a must win.

It's lost all reasonable meaning.

Every game is a must win, Reggie will be Reggie, who cares about respect, and every DE should get sacks.

I don't want to go 12-4 and miss the playoffs because the Cowboys or Eagles get the wild card at 13-3.

Every game is a must win, Reggie will be Reggie, who cares about respect, and every DE should get sacks.

I don't want to go 12-4 and miss the playoffs because the Cowboys or Eagles get the wild card at 13-3.

Yea, no joke. I don't think people understand the severity of winning as many games as possible. The Pats went 11-5 last season and missed the playoffs.

Our D has done fine so far. I don't care how many passing yards or rushing yards they get as long as their SCORE is low. Look at this week and last weeks game and see how many goal line stands we did and held them to 3 points or a turnover.

On the flipside, If Brees keeps getting short fields, he is not going to have 5K passing yards, but he will have amazing TD numbers. The only thing that matters is the score.

btw, yeah, it's a must win if we want to go 16-0, lol

1. Until we are comfortably ahead of Atlanta, every game is a must win game. Especially with the Jets & Giants coming up on the schedule. And if we're thinking playoffs then a loss to Buffalo could be a back-breaker for home field advantage.

2. Agree, he just needs to get his head right. He has all the ability, he just needs to quit stressing & play football.

3. Who cares? Respect will be earned. When we win they will have no other choice but to grovel at our feet.

4. Disagree, we are still not getting enough pressure from our DL. It's great that they do a good job of stopping the run, but when the game is tight like it was in the first half vs the Eagles they need to be putting QBs on their backs & not letting them tee off on us like Kolb was. Nearly 400 yds passing is completely unacceptable.

:plus-un2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom