Just a coulple of things to get out of the way before the Bills game (1 Viewer)

stevend

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
1. It's not a must win game

2. Reggie will be fine and is a big part of the team

3. The national media does give the Saints respect

4. Grant & Smith do not have to have sacks to have a good game

1. Until we are comfortably ahead of Atlanta, every game is a must win game. Especially with the Jets & Giants coming up on the schedule. And if we're thinking playoffs then a loss to Buffalo could be a back-breaker for home field advantage.

2. Agree, he just needs to get his head right. He has all the ability, he just needs to quit stressing & play football.

3. Who cares? Respect will be earned. When we win they will have no other choice but to grovel at our feet.

4. Disagree, we are still not getting enough pressure from our DL. It's great that they do a good job of stopping the run, but when the game is tight like it was in the first half vs the Eagles they need to be putting QBs on their backs & not letting them tee off on us like Kolb was. Nearly 400 yds passing is completely unacceptable.

1. Until we are comfortably ahead of Atlanta, every game is a must win game. Especially with the Jets & Giants coming up on the schedule. And if we're thinking playoffs then a loss to Buffalo could be a back-breaker for home field advantage.

You hit this dead on. Every game is a must win at this point. With only 16 in the regular season, every game is important.

You hit this dead on. Every game is a must win at this point. With only 16 in the regular season, every game is important.

Yeah, I can't see Bill Belicheck saying "we're at 8-0 so we can afford to drop a few".

could not agree more. if atl goes up to boston and beats the pats, who seem to be on the decline, and we lose to the bills, you can increse #3 tenfold.

the falcons have thier best chance of losing this week in this young season, we need to take advantage..

2. Agree, he just needs to get his head right. He has all the ability, he just needs to quit stressing & play football.

3. Who cares? Respect will be earned. When we win they will have no other choice but to grovel at our feet.

4. Disagree, we are still not getting enough pressure from our DL. It's great that they do a good job of stopping the run, but when the game is tight like it was in the first half vs the Eagles they need to be putting QBs on their backs & not letting them tee off on us like Kolb was. Nearly 400 yds passing is completely unacceptable.

+1

Do you think Grant and Smith have played as well as Hargrove and McCray? Maybe you think so, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't. Hargrove is so far, without question, the most pleasant surprise of the 2009 season. He did drop the interception, but other than that, he has played very well showed good quickness.

Do you think Grant and Smith have played as well as Hargrove and McCray? Maybe you think so, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't. Hargrove is so far, without question, the most pleasant surprise of the 2009 season. He did drop the interception, but other than that, he has played very well showed good quickness.

I think Hargrove, Smith and McCray have all played well. Grant not as much, but hasn't hurt the team.

This!

It's great that they do a good job of stopping the run, but when the game is tight like it was in the first half vs the Eagles they need to be putting QBs on their backs & not letting them tee off on us like Kolb was. Nearly 400 yds passing is completely unacceptable.

The Saints were playing 2 deep safties the whole 4th qtr. when he got nearly 200 yrds passing.

Sure I don't like the prevent either but when you have a big enough lead it keeps your team healthy.

Yeah, I can't see Bill Belicheck saying "we're at 8-0 so we can afford to drop a few".

On the flip-side, I can't see Belicheck saying "we lost that last game, so our season is over", after an early season loss.

The Saints were playing 2 deep safties the whole 4th qtr. when he got nearly 200 yrds passing.

Sure I don't like the prevent either but when you have a big enough lead it keeps your team healthy.

I was going to say this same exact thing. 200+ yds in the 4th quarter is huge, but when you're playing prevent and they're picking up garbage yds, who really cares?

Agreed, we need to get off to a fast start and beat the teams we should beat, its not about keeping up with Atlanta, were a better team than the past two seasons have shown, we owe it to ourselves to perform well and beat these teams. Reggie is Reggie, he is a game changer, a versatile weapon who can make nothing into something, or something into nothing, you either like him or you dont (I think we all know that) he was better yesterday than he was against the lions, I only look for him to continue to perform. I could care less what the outside people give us, they cant even name half the players on this team, outside of Brees and Bush. we cant continue to get sacks from our safeties we need that front 4 to get to the QB, but I love G.Williams scheme and think the sacks will come.

A loss to an AFC team is never a "backbreaker" to anything in week 3.

There's nothing remotely must win about this game.

Regardless, we will blow them out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom