Just A Point to Ponder (1 Viewer)

ac4400cw

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What if, by chance, Drew Brees decides to sit out this season & Chase Daniels takes over as quarterback & leads the Saints to a playoff berth & the Super Bowl, does that make Drew Brees' stock in the NFL go down a bit? Would it make him expendable to the Saints organization? What about Sean Payton? Did he build a team strong enough & taught well enough that can do without him also?

I don't see Brees sitting out, so I don't see this happening.

*_deuce_*

Keeping the Faith
Reaction score
Drew would never sit out,they love the city to much.OMG,,,the thought of Daniels running this offense horrid.:jpshakehead:

cajnwillie

Retired Air Force
Reaction score
Draft day will be huge next year, with Sean Payton coming back and the number one pick in the draft and all.

Reaction score
What if Jurassic Park was non-fiction? Not the sequel, just the original book. That would be terrifyingly extraordinary.

The FO would never let Chase play a full season and start every game. Not a knock against Chase, I like him a lot, but I think they'll bring in a more seasoned vet to start a few games first.

With that, the best we'd do is maybe 1 playoff win. The offense is built around Drew.

cajnwillie

Retired Air Force
Reaction score
We could probably trade for Kolb since he sux in Arizona...or one of Seattle's trio of just good enough to lose guys.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What if, by chance, Drew Brees decides to sit out this season & Chase Daniels takes over as quarterback & leads the Saints to a playoff berth & the Super Bowl, does that make Drew Brees' stock in the NFL go down a bit? Would it make him expendable to the Saints organization? What about Sean Payton? Did he build a team strong enough & taught well enough that can do without him also?

I don't see Brees sitting out, so I don't see this happening.
If my mother rose from the dead............................

CoolBrees1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
OK...just to humor your request..."IF"...being a real big "IF"...Chase Daniels were to accomplish all that....there probably would be some question as to the stock on Brees...I'm sure it would open Mickey Loomis' eyes as to whether they'd have to pay Drew this enormous amount of Cash...especially since Daniels has come at a cheaper price...but the chances of all that happening...and that's not to knock Chases' capabilities...but the odds of the sequel to "Pigs Flying and Hell Freezing Over" Part Deux...I'll win the Powerball before that would happen....

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't make it past the 1st sentence... sorry I just don't see Drew sitting out the whole year. I'm sure he'll get the contract he wants... but as much as it sucked for him to go thru that situation (shoulde rinjury) with the tag in San Diego I just don't see anybody turning down 16+ mill.

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What if three of the last five threads I started on the Superforum didn't have to be moved to the LockerRoom?

:hihi: (j/k)

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Devil's advocate, favorite pastime of the offseason.

Sometimes fun, sometimes just ugh. This one is just ugh because it's been played over and over and over again on this subject. I can't wait till this one is over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom