Just a thought for us fans (1 Viewer)

sterlr

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over again but expect different results. If the fans call Payton insane for calling the same type game plan from week to week then the fans must be insane for watching the Saints on a weekly basis but expecting different results.:hmm: lol!

Sorry but this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

in·san·i·ty
inˈsanədē/
noun
noun: insanity
  1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness

You are referring to a quote by Einstein.

The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over again but expect different results. If the fans call Payton insane for calling the same type game plan from week to week then the fans must be insane for watching the Saints on a weekly basis but expecting different results.:hmm: lol!

I'd say that doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results would be called hope.

Doing the same thing over and over again knowing what the outcome is going to be and doing it anyway...that I would consider insanity.

Haha! Being a long-time Saints fan results in insanity. Pre Mora - it was a requisite of Who Dat fans :mwink:

Einstein didn't mean "definition" literally, he meant it was insane behavior. Doing something repeatedly while getting the same result and truly expecting the results to eventually change is an example of Webster's third definition of insanity which is not the same as clinical insanity:

"3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable"

It's a pet peeve of mine too that people think it's actually a definition and don't understand the difference between clinical insanity and just being an idiot. Einstein was referring to being an idiot.

these two games were definitely not the same. Offense showed up the first game and the defense wore down in the 4th quarter. The second game the defense showed up big time for the most part, hard to beat both the opposing team and the officials, and the offense kinda had one of those games that nothing works right. I said this in a prior thread that Brees has one of those game a season. We got that one out the way so watch Brees come back against the Failclowns this Monday. Now if they played both games the same then yes, it is crazy to expect a different outcome but they are improving each game, the defense that is, and I expect them to be better later in the season. How much later who knows? I hope it is soon. As bad a game as the offense had, we were still in contention. I doubt the prior defenses would have held it together like that.

Einstein didn't mean "definition" literally, he meant it was insane behavior. Doing something repeatedly while getting the same result and truly expecting the results to eventually change is an example of Webster's third definition of insanity which is not the same as clinical insanity:

"3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable"

It's a pet peeve of mine too that people think it's actually a definition and don't understand the difference between clinical insanity and just being an idiot. Einstein was referring to being an idiot.

Einstein would never run Josh Hill on an end around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom