Just A Thought: Gus Bradley Vs Mike Ditka (With The Saints) (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Around 2000 was the time I got into the Saints. New coach, Aaron Brooks was just starting, and the franchise's first division title in nine years. As a byproduct, I grew up thinking that Ditka's tenure with the Saints was the worst tenure for any multi year coach for any franchise. I still think that to this day.
But does it hold up? Gus Bradley has a career record of 14-40 with Jacksonville and they're down 17-0.
Is Bradley's Jaguars worse than Ditka's Saints?

I don't know, but I know this game is almost completely unwatchable. I'm going to weep considerably if the Saints' offense ever descends to this level...

From a pure win/lose angle, yeah, the Jags are worse. I think the Jags might have better talent than some of those Saints teams too, especially offensively. Defensively, Ditka's Saints were watchable but you knew they wouldn't have much help.

Wrap your brain around this...
The Jaguars have the same number of wins as we do through 6 weeks.

Obviously, winning doesn't tell the whole story but I'd be lying if I said that doesn't depress me a little.

Cowher is straight up calling out Bradley for being out of touch. All I know of Ditka's tenure is the record. I've only seen a half a interview when he was with the Saints.
Does anyone recall the media calling him out like this?

Around 2000 was the time I got into the Saints. New coach, Aaron Brooks was just starting, and the franchise's first division title in nine years. As a byproduct, I grew up thinking that Ditka's tenure with the Saints was the worst tenure for any multi year coach for any franchise. I still think that to this day.
But does it hold up? Gus Bradley has a career record of 14-40 with Jacksonville and they're down 17-0.

Apparently so.

“There have been 170 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 50 games, and Bradley’s winning percentage ranks 169th out of those 170. The only coach with a worse record was Bert Bell, who coached the Philadelphia Eagles from 1936 to 1941. And the only reason Bell wasn’t fired is that Bell was also the Eagles’ owner.”

How does Gus Bradley still have a job as an NFL head coach? | For The Win

Welp least Gus didn't trade an entire draft for one player ...then smoked a big Ole gar on TV when interviewed about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I think Coach Bradley might just be Bradley by the end of this week. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom