Just Adopted a Daschshund (1 Viewer)

It looks like you guys got a great new family member, Voodoo. :)

Like primadox, I've trained dogs for a long time. Not very familiar with the breed, but one recommendation that I would make to anyone bringing a new dog into their life is to get some formal training for the dog and yourself. It is simply the single best thing that you can do for both human and animal.

It is something that you will never be sorry that you did.

You can usually find a local training session at your local PetSmart or other major pet chain. Contacting your local ASPCA is another method of locating one.

Best of luck to you and Frank. :9:

It looks like you guys got a great new family member, Voodoo. :)

Like primadox, I've trained dogs for a long time. Not very familiar with the breed, but one recommendation that I would make to anyone bringing a new dog into their life is to get some formal training for the dog and yourself. It is simply the single best thing that you can do for both human and animal.

It is something that you will never be sorry that you did.

You can usually find a local training session at your local PetSmart or other major pet chain. Contacting your local ASPCA is another method of locating one.

Best of luck to you and Frank. :9:

Thanks a lot Kooldak

I actually grew up with a doxie as a family pet, we had her for 17 years before she finally passed away from old age last year around this time. She was actually close to 18, just a crazy age.

But yes we are already looking into some training, probably at PetSmart. It's something we really wanna do because like you said, its going to be such a pleasure to have a well trained dog for both Frank and us the owners.

Love seeing everyone elses Daschshund's and other pets in this thread. It's something that the wife and I hold dear to our hearts. And we are going to be volunteering a lot of our time helping out with the humane league. It's so heart breaking, especially living here with the amish and their puppy mills. And for anyone who might not know much about puppy mills or even if you do know, I encourage you to check out this site http://www.banpuppymills.com/ and help get rid of puppy mills all around the country.

edit::::I should note that site has some graphic pictures of actual puppy mills, just a warning. But its real, we unfortunately live with it here in Lancaster County every day.

Last edited:
Dachsunds ROCK..i just recently buried mine(Klaus). He was an awesome pet and was easily the favorite child to my parents(not really hard going up against me and my 3 sisters).Anyway i got him in the 8th grade and now im 28!!!, so you should have plenty years of fun w/ "Frank." Just make sure to take care of his back, Also, barking was a bit of an issue but im sure it's only because mine ruled the house

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom