Just another day in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Most people aren't cheering for anything. They just want the crime to stop. Is there a path there? I don't know, but just throwing hands up and letting crime run rampant isn't the answer
We’ve had almost this exact conversation before (maybe even on this thread when the car jacking at Costco was a thing) - I think you even used the same hyperbole
I don’t think we need to rehash

FoI is FoI
Asking the press to provide valid reasons to access public information that aren’t tied to state secrets is a slippery slope
Like an actual (rhetorical) slippery slope
So voter information shouldn't be protected?

We’ve had almost this exact conversation before (maybe even on this thread when the car jacking at Costco was a thing) - I think you even used the same hyperbole
I don’t think we need to rehash
Well, my memory ain't always that good. But yeah, we've probably hashed this out a few times, although I don't remember how it ended. :hihi:

Fwiw, what is the hyperbole?

They're inching closer...

Unintended consequence of this...I can already see it happening. Even if the recall makes it to a general vote, it'll fail then, in the next actual mayoral election cycle the candidate with the inside line to the majority will be much worse than Cantrell & against someone like Moreno they're going use the attempted recall to other-ize her/whoever as their path to victory.

Think Cantrell was bad, wait until you get a load of Mayor "that guy who cursed that white chick out over block party"

Unintended consequence of this...I can already see it happening. Even if the recall makes it to a general vote, it'll fail then, in the next actual mayoral election cycle the candidate with the inside line to the majority will be much worse than Cantrell & against someone like Moreno they're going use the attempted recall to other-ize her/whoever as their path to victory.

Think Cantrell was bad, wait until you get a load of Mayor "that guy who cursed that white chick out over block party"
the Last of Us is a good cautionary tale about the double edged sword of revolutions
and the last 10-20 years is a cautionary tale about the efficacy of breaking stuff just to break it
i'd feel much better about the recall campaign if 'they' were clear about paths forward
also if they were clear about who 'they' are so the agenda is more clear

and like i've said before, 'fixing' the mayor without trying to fix the state is about as effective/useful as peeing in a fan

I support the recall on principle but it is surely going to lead to some ugliness. If the organizers happen to get enough signatures by Wednesday you can expect LaToya to go nuclear with the racism/sexism allegations. It's going to make Nagin/Landrieu in 2006 look like the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

I support the recall on principle but it is surely going to lead to some ugliness. If the organizers happen to get enough signatures by Wednesday you can expect LaToya to go nuclear with the racism/sexism allegations. It's going to make Nagin/Landrieu in 2006 look like the Lincoln-Douglas debates.
Which is strange condition the primary organizers starting it are a black man and a woman (who I believe used to work for her).

Which is strange condition the primary organizers starting it are a black man and a woman (who I believe used to work for her).

I know - and she is broadly unpopular across all demographics - but because the largest single donations have come from white men*, it's pretty much inevitable that it devolves into that.

*Even though most of those white men supported her the first time around. It really feels like Nagin 2.0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom