Just another day in New Orleans (3 Viewers)

She is such a classy lady. Here's her toast to Tucks.

332521218_890847548865603_365501393849610762_n.jpg

I assumed the complaint would have been about copaganda or something
Not the ‘why are there so many of those types in the city’
Not sure why I’m surprised
Lest we forget, although this is the Greater New Orleans area, it's also in the Deep South. It was apparently too gay for some folks.

Lest we forget, although this is the Greater New Orleans area, it's also in the Deep South. It was apparently too gay for some folks.
Dudes balls almost fell out...it's a smidge over the top. While we are tolerant in NOLA, there are other aspects to our city/society that we can boast about and still remain inclusive to all lifestyles, move Mr Balls out a little bit back like 3rd row. Maybe put an entire marching band in between the cop and exposed balls.

Dudes balls almost fell out...it's a smidge over the top. While we are tolerant in NOLA, there are other aspects to our city/society that we can boast about and still remain inclusive to all lifestyles, move Mr Balls out a little bit back like 3rd row. Maybe put an entire marching band in between the cop and exposed balls.
The NOPD has taken your complaint into account.

If there’s one thing this city is known for, it’s balls

Was told the reason she flipped off the Tucks float was because someone held up a sign that said "Vappie Gras". Did anyone see this? Some were claiming this on twitter.

Even if someone did, is it rationale for a mayor to do what she did?

If you can't handle being mocked by a MG float, you really shouldn't be Mayor of New Orleans.

(Also maybe don't sleep with your subordinate in a public building during business hours and you won't have it thrown back at you.)

the Last of Us is a good cautionary tale about the double edged sword of revolutions
and the last 10-20 years is a cautionary tale about the efficacy of breaking stuff just to break it
i'd feel much better about the recall campaign if 'they' were clear about paths forward
also if they were clear about who 'they' are so the agenda is more clear

and like i've said before, 'fixing' the mayor without trying to fix the state is about as effective/useful as peeing in a fan
Is the state bringing the city down or is the city bringing the state down. I think you fix NOLA then you latterly fix one of the biggest issues with the state.

Was told the reason she flipped off the Tucks float was because someone held up a sign that said "Vappie Gras". Did anyone see this? Some were claiming this on twitter.
There were signs like that on a lot of floats but I heard 2nd hand that the members of that particular float all turned their back to her as they passed her reviewing stand.

There were signs like that on a lot of floats but I heard 2nd hand that the members of that particular float all turned their back to her as they passed her reviewing stand.
I'll ask my previous question... Even if what they did is true, is it rationale for the mayor to respond in the manner she did?

I don't see much of any option that could lead to a yes response.

I'll ask my previous question... Even if what they did is true, is it rationale for the mayor to respond in the manner she did?

I don't see much of any option that could lead to a yes response.
Yeah, there's no reason the mayor of the city should be flipping anyone off at Mardi Gras. Not exactly becoming of a mayor. And a lot of her criticisms have been self-inflicted.

Is the state bringing the city down or is the city bringing the state down. I think you fix NOLA then you latterly fix one of the biggest issues with the state.

Couldn't disagree more on this one. Louisiana legislature has long treated New Orleans like a step child rather than the crown jewel of the state. At the state level, we should have been trying to help New Orleans be bigger better for decades now, but...reasons that aren't worth going into here. And so we've neglected the crown jewel of state at our own demise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom