Just another day in New Orleans (2 Viewers)

Couldn't disagree more on this one. Louisiana legislature has long treated New Orleans like a step child rather than the crown jewel of the state. At the state level, we should have been trying to help New Orleans be bigger better for decades now, but...reasons that aren't worth going into here. And so we've neglected the crown jewel of state at our own demise.
It's been that way since New Orleans was removed as the state capital.

I got a question unrelated to Mardi Gras...why are the daily shootings that aren't fatal being categorized as "Aggravated Assault by Shooting" as opposed to attempted murder?

Couldn't disagree more on this one. Louisiana legislature has long treated New Orleans like a step child rather than the crown jewel of the state. At the state level, we should have been trying to help New Orleans be bigger better for decades now, but...reasons that aren't worth going into here. And so we've neglected the crown jewel of state at our own demise.
It's the same in Ms. The coast has been treated like a red headed step
child since Ms. became a state. We bring in most of the money to the state
coffers,but our reps are still kept off most of the committees

It's the same in Ms. The coast has been treated like a red headed step
child since Ms. became a state. We bring in most of the money to the state
coffers,but our reps are still kept off most of the committees
Probably because you're so close to the heathens in New Orleans...

I think the love/hate relationship between NOLA and the rest of the state (especially north of I-10) goes both ways.

What NOLA and greater LA have in common is that, outside of maybe John Bel, we continue to elect absolute morons, charlatans, crooks and idiots, half of whom couldn’t find their arse with both hands.

It’s like watching toddlers throwing rocks at each other.

I can count on one hand the number of elected officials in LA that I genuinely respect.

I got a question unrelated to Mardi Gras...why are the daily shootings that aren't fatal being categorized as "Aggravated Assault by Shooting" as opposed to attempted murder?

I could be wrong, but I asked that question a long time ago and was told that La doesn't have an attempted murder charge

I could be wrong, but I asked that question a long time ago and was told that La doesn't have an attempted murder charge
Ah...always thought that was a minimizing description of shooting someone in an attempt to kill. Saw that it only carried a 10y sentence, thought that was insane. But I guess that's normal down here.

I'll ask my previous question... Even if what they did is true, is it rationale for the mayor to respond in the manner she did?

I don't see much of any option that could lead to a yes response.
Does the question really need to be asked much less answered?

Pretty sure LA has attempted murder.

It might be that it’s an easier charge to prove (murder charge requires proving intent to kill). Not my area but that’s my best guess

Probably because you're so close to the heathens in New Orleans...
Yeah we are both descendants of true heathens :). The residents of the Ms.
coast did not take a side during the civil war. Their objective was to separate
the soldiers from both sides from their money. It's no secret,but Carlos
Marcello pretty much was the defacto ruler of the Ms. Coast from the 1940-s
to the mid 70's.

If you can't handle being mocked by a MG float, you really shouldn't be Mayor of New Orleans.

(Also maybe don't sleep with your subordinate in a public building during business hours and you won't have it thrown back at you.)
It’s odd to me. As far back as I can remember Mardi Gras floats mocked people (regardless of political affiliation), however it hasn’t been until the last few years that people have cried “racism” about the floats (especially about Mayor Cantrell).

Am I oblivious to the floats and their racist undertones, or are these just floats being floats?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom