Reaction score
1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
2. Curtis Lofton LB Oklahoma
3. Matt Forte RB Tulane
4. Ali Highsmith LB LSU
5. Lavelle Hawkins WR California
6. Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
7. Johnny Dingle DE WVU

At 10, I just don't know how we can pass up on Cromartie. The guy is about 6'2, benches 225 17 times and runs a a sub 4.4 in the 40. Did I also mention he has a 38.5 vertical? Those are some incredible numbers. He has athleticism, size, ball skills, strength and speed. That is a rare combination. The only way I see us passing him up is if Dorsey, Ellis, Ghloston, Claddy, or one of the Longs fall to 10.
(I have a feeling he's going to be better than his cousin in a few years.)

The second pick should be Lofton. I really believe he will be there in the second. He's a tackling machine who is a very good sidelines to sidelines player. He has a mean streak you'd want from a ILB. I haven't seen a lot of his tapes but the games I've watched when he played both Missouri games and in the Fiesta Bowl, the guy is a machine and stands out even when they are getting handed to them.

I had Forte in the 3rd because I honestly do not believe that McAllister will be with the Saints in 09. We will likely take him and groom him to be McAllister's replacement. I really like Forte. He's got a good combination of size, adequate speed, and he runs between the tackles. He has good vision and a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.

I know he will probably run much better during his pro-day but I think there is a slim chance that Highsmith will be there in the 4th. He is just too talented to let 40 determine his faith. We will probably pass him up in the 3rd but there's no way that we can pass him up if he's there in the 4th.

Hawkins may make it to the 5th becuase of his slow 40 and his lack of size but I think he is going to be the better Cal WR in the NFL. All he ever does he make plays. He would make a nice replacement for Henderson.

I have Ainge in the 6th. Not sure if he's going to be there. I like his skillset, He can make all the throws and have done it at Tennessee. The only thing about this guy is his consistency. One game, he'll look like the best QB in the nation and the next, he'll look like Trash. He has a very nice upside. I think he would make a nice back up and Payton will groom him into a very good QB.

Dingle with the 7th. I really like this guy. A lot of teams may shy away from the guy because he played in a gimmick defense but the game I watched where he dominated against the Sooners was just amazing. He would make a nice pass rusher and would be what Ninkovich was suppose to be if he stayed healthy.

I get that you're planning for 09 in Forte and that's cool but you haven't drafted a DT. So who is going to play there?

Unless we go DT in the first, I highly doubt we'll get one who make any impact this year. Unless Dorsey falls and they have no problem with his injury, they will probably find one in Free Agency.

don't you think hawkins has performed well enough to be drafted higher then the 5th round? I see him going in the 3rd or 4th round.

eric

okam in the 3rd dominique barber in the 6th and this would be good
and lofton is a sub-25 draft pick IMO

the reason i say no to forte is payton said deuce mac will stay with us...i'll find the article when i get a chance

I don't doubt that he'll stay with us this season but we do not know if he can be what he was before the injuries. Lofton's 40 imo will keep him out of the top 25. I still think Mayo could go before him.

The thing about this is the FO might think that taking DRC at 10 is a reach and he might not be there in the 2nd. Will you take a chance on him based on what he showed in the combine and his size hoping he turns out to be a star?

No one can determine whether this player will be a star and this player will be out of the league in a couple of seasons. It will be a tough decision unless someone like Ellis or Dorsey falls down to 10.

It was the combine along with Senior Bowl. I wasn't too high on him at first but he is a rare specimen. Size, Speed, Hands, Body Control, Quick, Smooth, Athleticism, and good change of direction. And did I mention his hands? The guy can probably make a smooth transition to receiver if he wanted to.

I know I've said he's a project and will take him awhile to acclimate earlier in the year but I think he can start off returning punts and kickoffs and play special teams and we'll work him in situationally until he grasp he playbook and the NFL speed. He'd be put into the perfect situations is the Samuel rumors turn out to be true.

Last edited:
Sadly, Lofton won't be there in round two. But, Mayo should be. If you're going to go offense in round three, I'd rather have WR Nelson. He would see the field a whole lot more than the 4th RB on the roster. OLB Butler is a better prospect in the 4th than Highsmith.

Sadly, Lofton won't be there in round two. But, Mayo should be. If you're going to go offense in round three, I'd rather have WR Nelson. He would see the field a whole lot more than the 4th RB on the roster. OLB Butler is a better prospect in the 4th than Highsmith.

You just made some LSU fan's head explode :worthy:

Unless we go DT in the first, I highly doubt we'll get one who make any impact this year. Unless Dorsey falls and they have no problem with his injury, they will probably find one in Free Agency.

DT talent is deep in this years draft and we could find a day one starter in round 2. Laws, Pressley, Bryant, Sims and Moore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom