Just Another Uniform Thread! (1 Viewer)

bigdub81

Official SR Logo Designer
Reaction score
Yeah it's a uniform thread big deal wanna' fight about it? (too much Family Guy) Anyway, I was bored and worked on these today. Nothing too special just the same rants as we always put up about (same gold, etc.) but I just tried to make the uniform real simple and classic looking. I added in my sports action figures to model...GEAUX SAINTS!

NFLConcept-SaintsHome.png

NFLConcept-SaintsAway.png

alloutsaints.png

Changes That Were Made:
1) Universal Gold
2) Enlarged Helmet Logo
3) Wordmark Under The Collar In Gold (Home/Away)
4) Reebok Sleeve Logo In Gold (Home/Away)
5) Enlarged Outline Around Name & Numbers
6) Athletic Block Font Used For Player Name
7) Black/White/Black Stripe Added To Gold Pants, FDL At Hip Eliminated
8) Gold/White/Gold Stripe Added To Black Pants, FDL At Hip Eliminated
9) Alternate Sock Added To Be Used With Black Pants Only

Very nice work as usual bigdub! I can't believe the difference that stripe makes on the black pants. I don't know why the team can't see this. With the stripe on the black pants, I absolutely love the black pants/white jersey combination which is currently my least favorite. It also makes the black/black much more tolerant.

The white stripe added to the gold pants is money with the white jersey! On the other hand, I think I like having only the black stripe on the gold pants with the black jersey.

Oh! I almost forgot! I love the white sock with the gold accent stripe! Damn that would really clean up the look.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Real nice job!

My only change would be to have traditional stripes (rather than the fleur-dis-lis logo) on the sleeve. Black and gold stripes (for white jersey) and white and gold (for black jersey).

This is what we need. Everything is good and the golds actually match. Is there a way we can send this to the team?

I don't like the stripe on the paints with black jerseys. Other than that good job!

The stripes on the pants would look better with 3-tiers. The white should be a middle tier and not the center stripe. Gold Pants = black/white/gold stripe. Black Pants = gold/white/black stripe.

All the other changes look absolutely stunning. Great job as usual bigdub!

My only change would be to have traditional stripes (rather than the fleur-dis-lis logo) on the sleeve. Black and gold stripes (for white jersey) and white and gold (for black jersey).

You know most people would say NO to stripes because of the cut a modern jersey fits certain players. I see teams considered "classic" wear stripes because it's a part of their identity and have had them for the majority of their existence or long enough to be considered a staple of their design. The Saints however I wouldn't put into this "classic" category. My reason being is that we've only worn striped sleeves for 18 years ('67-'85) which IMO is not enough time to garner the consideration. The other 23 years that we've gone without stripes have been split between the 'La' logo ('86-'96) and our current FDL ('96-present). So I say although it's nostalgic to want sleeve stripes, time would favor the logo instead.
Another nostalgic 'want' would be for the team to wear gold numerals on their away jersey. They could but realize that by the teams timeline the Saints are traditionally a white and black numeral team. They have only worn gold numerals on their away jersey for a total of 5 years '67-'68 and '96-'98. By the numbers we have worn black numerals on our away jersey for 37 years and white numerals on our home jersey for 26 which ended in '96 when the team switched to the original gold with white trim. Including the '67-'68 years and from '96-present, we've only been wearing gold numerals on our home jersey for 13 years. And for reasons such as these it is why I try my hardest to find compromise within my designs to please all era's of fans...

This was my original idea for a uniform concept. It's not a complete overhaul of the team, but the deisgn elements are favorable because I tried to pull from each era to complete the look.

CopyofNFLConcept-UniformSetAwayBloc.png

Jersey

Home: Would stay the same with added 'La' patch ('86-'95, 2006). The numbers already date back to the original set ('67-'68) and the collar being gold ('75-present).

Away: Major change would be the removal of the FDL's on the sleeve and replaced with ('67-'68) sleeve stripes. I just feel that it's a better look than the FDL's as is and it allows for more gold on the jersey and works great when paired with the black pants and socks. The black collar and numerals already from ('75-present), 'La' patch on front same as home jersey. FDL on rear beneath collar (modern).

Both: Reebok sleeve logo (gold), 'SAINTS' wordmark under collar (gold), enlarged outline around letters and numerals for better visibility and contrast.

Pants

Gold: Triple stripe (black/white/black) ('67-'74) adds better continuity with the helmet stripe. Removed FDL at hip

Black: Triple stripe (gold/white/gold) ('75-'85) better contrast with home and away jersey. Elminates the 'leotard' look while still allowing a 'cleaner' monochrome look. Removed FDL at hip.

Socks

Option1: Solid black over white, no change and can be paired with either pant.

Option2: ('67-'68) style stripes over solid white sock. Only to be worn with black pants when wearing away jersey. Allows breakage in the 'black' scheme from pants down and carries over the stripe pattern from the sleeve for better consistency.

Helmet

Enlarged FDL logo (pre 2000) for better team identity and look. 'SAINTS' wordmark on front and rear bumper pad in black with gold outline.

First set in this thread is the best set of uni's that I've ever seen for the Saints. Classic look and very sharp. Our Uni's deserve the classic look instead of the new futuristic stuff that every team is changing to. I wish someone in the organization would change our uni's to this!

Dude...

Awesome... + 11!1eleventyonebillions11

LOVE the white and black pants look especially!

Send it to the front office!!!!

Helmet

Enlarged FDL logo (pre 2000) for better team identity and look. 'SAINTS' wordmark on front and rear bumper pad in black with gold outline.

That's the only real change I would like to see from their current uni's but the rest of your ideas are cool as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom