Just beautiful: Steelers can't hold onto Keenan Lewis (from ESPN"S AFC North blogger) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A great read:

The loss of Lewis trumps all of the other previous losses in terms of frustration. Pittsburgh invested four years into the development of Lewis, a third-round pick in 2009. Lewis, 26, finally lived up to expectations last year, when he led the AFC with 23 passes broken up in his first season as a starter. He played better than the Steelers' best corner, Ike Taylor, at times even though he was targeted frequently by quarterbacks. Now, after his first productive season, Lewis is going to the Saints while hitting the prime of his career.

Rest of the article:

Steelers can't hold onto Keenan Lewis - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Good read, thanks! This was a perfect pick up for us!

" Now, after his first productive season, Lewis is going to the Saints while hitting the prime of his career."

Learned his craft from a legend and now comes home to share all that skill and experience with the Who Dat Nation!

I love this signing, I'm hoping we're getting a player Who's upside is just being reached, I want desperately for our defense to have a stud like we do on offense like in a jimmy graham

The upside is why this is such a great deal

Hitting peak (not 3+ yrs in his peak).
Young
Hometown discount

Very good long term. If we can keep him and Greer we have a very strong CB tandem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom