Just can't accept reality...... (1 Viewer)

So they've stopped filming the other bench and have started filming the clock? :rolleyes:

The reality is most Saints fans want a title here. The Patriots vs The Mannings (5 rings amongst them !!!) rivalary has nothing to do with the New Orleans Saints.

It was a good game I wanted to see history but the Saints are my team. I feel there is no reason why we should have not had that moment in the desert. Seeing the Giants beat those guys made me think why couldn't that have been us.

Get hype about our offseason, debate the direction of the team, that helps the offseason go by quicker. But the ripping of the Patriots after 16-0 season as compared to our 7-9 season .

Im like are you serious?

Sorry, friend. There has been a lot of ripping of the Pats loss, but this one is about a fan's petition to have the game tapes reviewed. If there is ripping going on, it is at the expense of a fan that can't seem to accept that his team lost the game. A comparison of team successes , or lack thereof, has nothing to do with the subject.

I'm like, very serious. :mwink:

Sorry, friend. There has been a lot of ripping of the Pats loss, but this one is about a fan's petition to have the game tapes reviewed. If there is ripping going on, it is at the expense of a fan that can't seem to accept that his team lost the game. A comparison of team successes , or lack thereof, has nothing to do with the subject.

I'm like, very serious. :mwink:

The point is who cares? Is this TMZ hotline or something? Those teams Giants/Patriots are championship organizations. The Patriot fans want to vent maybe even cry a little it's cool, It was the teams first lost all season.Which is really hard to deal with in the Superbowl lol.

As Saints fans we have lived threw our own share of heart breaking/ incredible losses.

At the end of the day Success breeds envy for most to even care about what's on a Patriots Blog etc is a great compliment to them. Congrats to Eli and the Giants for making history.

The point is who cares? Is this TMZ hotline or something? Those teams Giants/Patriots are championship organizations. The Patriot fans want to vent maybe even cry a little it's cool, It was the teams first lost all season.Which is really hard to deal with in the Superbowl lol.

As Saints fans we have lived threw our own share of heart breaking/ incredible losses.

At the end of the day Success breeds envy for most to even care about what's on a Patriots Blog etc is a great compliment to them. Congrats to Eli and the Giants for making history.

Yes, we have gone through our fair share of heartbreaking losses. And, we've vented and cried. But I don't recall one Saints fan going to the extent of filing a petition online to have the NFL review and possibly reverse the decision. If this person is willing to put themselves out there, then they should accept the possiblility of someone laughing at their actions.

Just yesterday, I had a friend of mine look at me and say, "I knew there was something not right about you." He was referring to my Saints t-shirt and cell phone cover. He didn't see the Saints helmet and logo as my display on my phone. But the point is, I just laughed and said, "Yes. I'm a diehard through and true." People can laugh at me for being such a fan. But, I don't let it bother me. I've got too many more important things in my life to worry about. You have to be able to laugh at yourself or you'll be miserable.

Well, I guess I found it interesting that someone is trying to get a petition going to send to the league to dispute the clock management of a Super Bowl. I guess some are enjoying it because they want to pile on the Pats tough loss. I wasn't. I just found it interesting from a fanatical point of view. We as fans take this stuff very seriously, often times too seriously. I am way guilty of that.

It's the off season. I'll cut some slack for pointing out a story of interest, even if it isn't Saints related.

What a great idea. We play the games on Sunday, and then on Monday, the NFL reviews all of the tapes, calls penalties that weren't called in game, decides that maybe a spot placement was wrong, reviews the game clock, when it started, when it stopped, decide if someone was really in bounds when they were called out, decide what would have happened if all of the corrects calls and clock stops and starts were made, and announce the winners on Tuesday.

Sounds riveting.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the job that was done. The referee was completely within his rights, and it did not affect the outcome of the game. Sometimes, the favorites just lose...

-Tim Donaghy

Yes, we have gone through our fair share of heartbreaking losses. And, we've vented and cried. But I don't recall one Saints fan going to the extent of filing a petition online to have the NFL review and possibly reverse the decision.

Re: the youtube video with Jerry Rice spiking the ball on the 5 yard line and the refs calling it a touchdown. Absolute undeniable proof, yet no review or reversal. The Pats fan claim is his opinion, so what makes him think something will be done about it.
Stuff happens!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom