Just can't envison Wide Reciever not being BPA at #24 in almost any scenario. (1 Viewer)

But... if the OL (based on recent history) takes a crap, we'll all be saying; 'why didn't we plan for this' And If CJ Henderson drops to 24......
I still think it makes more sense to get Mauti and Runyan later but that's just me.

I'm not saying he's an absolute burner. But something had to be wrong with him. He's at least .2 faster than that from what I've seen of him.
I felt the same way about Reagor but I was wrong.

But... if the OL (based on recent history) takes a crap, we'll all be saying; 'why didn't we plan for this' And If CJ Henderson drops to 24......

That's why we have Nick Easton... I don't think another team in the NFL has the resources we do in the offensive line. Every spot has either a top player or a top paid player at their position and a 4 million dollar backup for the interior. Unless we trade Warford drafting another guard in the first is a terrible use of resources.

No problem with a CB. Jenkins is old and we don't have a good boundary corner as a backup.

I still think it makes more sense to get Mauti and Runyan later but that's just me.
Depends who drops obviously. Mims would be my favourite guy if available, and if too many if if guys drop than I hope we trade back.....lol ( I know)

Im preparing myself for a DR type meltdown/letdown if they reach for a player with so many great wr prospects available.

I can't see how they justify anything other than a wr unless a top QB falls (hopefully not Jordan Love).

If they reach for a defender over a better wr player like they did in 2014 with Stanley Jean-Baptiste I might just lose my mind.

I know some would argue Murray or Queen but is any linebacker in rd 1 as talented or would have more of an impact than Chase Claypool, Leviska Shenault, or Denzel Mims?

How many passes do you want to see the Saints throw in every game?

If the Oline doesn't get some serious help in a couple of spots all the WR's on the planet won't mean squat!! Defensive lines walking the pass protection back into Brees's lap doesn't help matters at all.

As someone has already pointed out Sean Payton has stated that the WR position is ridiculously deep in this draft so you may as well have your meltdown now.

I've seen Stanley Jean-Baptiste name come up several times lately. Why is there some fear about this? Why wouldn't they bring up more recent draft history?

I think CB is the most likely option because even though we have Jack Rabbit, Latt is going to be a contract year soon with the rest of his class and JR is getting older. Malcolm Jenkins will help with communication/maturity of Marcus Williams and PJ is depth, but I still think we need to account for developing a CB more than WR given the depth of the class.

So that leads me to the question of how do we get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick this year? Kamara is the only realistic option (though Warford may get a 3rd/4th), but I'm not sure we want to do that offensively. Therefore, trading back to get someone who drops for medical concerns (like Shenault or Edwards or Braun) would give us that extra pick.

I think CB is the most likely option because even though we have Jack Rabbit, Latt is going to be a contract year soon with the rest of his class and JR is getting older. Malcolm Jenkins will help with communication/maturity of Marcus Williams and PJ is depth, but I still think we need to account for developing a CB more than WR given the depth of the class.

So that leads me to the question of how do we get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick this year? Kamara is the only realistic option (though Warford may get a 3rd/4th), but I'm not sure we want to do that offensively. Therefore, trading back to get someone who drops for medical concerns (like Shenault or Edwards or Braun) would give us that extra pick.
I can see a couple of way s:
Trade down from 24- can’t really think of a scenario where we go against history.

Trade Rankins: I would rather keep him

Trade next year picks.

Offensive line in the first makes sense if you're looking towards the future but it's not helping the team in what will probably be Brees last year. Same for QB but if Payton thinks Love is the guy then you have to take him.

A receiver helps the team this year and then it gives our future QB a weapon. Also have to consider if Hill is your #2 QB then you'll use him less as a receiver. It also puts our offense over the top as in you have to defend against way too weapons.

A linebacker like Queen would be a huge help in defending tight ends and the edge which we've had trouble with in the past. Payton's mentioned wanting to have a good defense post-Brees. Wouldn't touch Murray with Nolan no longer here.

Respectfully disagree...we have had injuries on the oline (mostly Peat and Armstead) the last few seasons. We are more likely than not going to have them this season.

While a trust SP and Ireland and staff to select BPA at any number of positions (CB, LB, WR, OL, even QB) in the 1st round, I would be happy with the best available OL (preferably a T that can play G).

To me it is a win-win. We have more quality/versatile depth at G and T, and a G/T for the future.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom