Just feel freaking sick (1 Viewer)

If you were really expecting the Saints to win I am sorry to burst your bubble but with this defense we really never had a chance before the first snap of the game. Credit to Brees for at least wanting to sign with a losing team.

Might as well not play the game, then.

People need to get out of here with the emo stuff. Go listen to some Good Charlotte or something. Team Jacob.

Let's seriously talk about that call. Did they take the whole "catchable" thing out at some point?

At first I thought they may justify it by calling holding which doesn't have to be catchable. But they didn't. And PI DOES have to be catchable, right?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you were really expecting the Saints to win I am sorry to burst your bubble but with this defense we really never had a chance before the first snap of the game. Credit to Brees for at least wanting to sign with a losing team.

Might as well not even play the game, then.

People need to get out of here with the emo stuff. Go listen to some Good Charlotte or something. Team Jacob.

Let's seriously talk about that call. Did they take the whole "catchable" thing out at some point?

At first I thought they may justify it by calling holding which doesn't have to be catchable. But they didn't. And PI DOES have to be catchable, right?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

And the receiver has to be in bounds, too. But, yeah. It has to be catchable. They gave the call because Del Rio asked for it. Totally ridiculous. Horrible.

28th in rushing and down tow starters and patched together at that point.

You give up he 80 yd TD on the ground, and you can't even generate any pressure.

It's pathetic and demoralizing. Going back to 2012 we will have had 4 out of the last 5 seasons with feeble pathetic defense.

It's just beyond frustrating.

Yup! And yet Allen, who showed the same kind of thing after he took over from Ryan last season kept the job... And what do we get? The same thing, players running wide open over the middle, up the sideline, through the middle. Guys attacking blockers and not the player with the ball. That long run was a disaster, and should of never happened. How our players are that bad on a running play has to be levelled at coaching. Inexplicable, and unacceptable.

Honestly, we shouldn't be surprised, you keep the same staff that was putting the players in terrible positions last year and expect something different. Is our talent seriously lacking? Absolutely. So too is our defensive staff.

The defense isn't going to do some miraculous 180° and become a dominant force. They have to learn how to win.

Today was a great opportunity. A hard fought game with good and bad from both teams.

The Saints D made the play at the end of the game to win. And it was taken away with a pitiful call.

No offense, but delete your account dude.

Had that PI call not been called (which not a soul on earth would have begrudged because that wasn't even close to a foul for multiple reasons) our defense would have been just stout enough to win the game.

Our D did their jobs, we are not all the way back, but LOTS of improvement today. They were then strait robbed of an important stop that would have won the game, AND built their confidence. Lots to like from our D today.

There was a phantom PI call on the Raiders and a celebration penalty that would have had this board on suicide watch. The calls broke both was. If they didn't give up 500 yards, several long rubs, and had even a sniff of a pass rush that one call would not have been a factor. Every loss is not due to poor officiating. Sometimes your team just sucks and this is one of those times.

There was a phantom PI call on the Raiders and a celebration penalty that would have had this board on suicide watch. The calls broke both was. If they didn't give up 500 yards, several long rubs, and had even a sniff of a pass rush that one call would not have been a factor. Every loss is not due to poor officiating. Sometimes your team just sucks and this is one of those times.

Sorry, I'm not buying the "it evened out crap."

That PI on Cooks was PI. He arm-barred him with his left arm and ran him out of bounds. Could it of not been called? Yeah.

But that call was in noway comparable to getting called for PI when 1) the guy never touched the receiver and 2) the ball AND receiver were both out of bounds and the pass was uncatchable.

This argument is totally bogus...go back and watch the play...Chris Myers even said "What about his (the defender's) LEFT ARM" The defender had the receiver and was holding him back while the ball was in the air...it wasn't a bogus call.....there may have been others, but if that's the one people keep referring to, it's a fallacy,

Yep it was not catchable. I dont think that WR was Manute Bol, so no way he had a chance to catch a ball 5 yards out of bounds.

That "holding" call early in that drive was BS as well. When Rhode Barber is saying it in the booth, and we know how he feels about the Saints, it's bad. He said the Raiders were given gifts on both those calls.

We win the game if not for a phantom PI call when the ball is 5 yards too high and he's out of bounds. Is it that hard to understand?

I rewatched dat play. The ball was so high n outta bounds...

Wayy totally uncatchable!

The Raiders gave up 160 yards in penalties and the referees gave the Saints a few gifts also.The offense played fairly well, but the defense only played for 3 quarters. The forth quarter by the Saints defense was all most non- exsistent ! 22 points given up ,that's terrible. The defensive secondary was outplayed and out- classed. This is a repeat from last year.

oakland dropped two easy catches inside the ten, we were lucky headng into that 4th down play

The defense didn't even "make the stop" it was a bad throw. They flat out stank.

Agree with this. Carr was pretty bad today, late on a lot of throws and reads. Including that throw. Could have been a lot worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom