Just for fun...best of class? (1 Viewer)

Ruiz is the key to this question. He really need to be everything the coaches hope he will be because this will be Drew's 3rd center in 3 years to get accustom to. If he can master the position and Drew is comfortable with him then it will be a lock as the best/most productive player they drafted this year. McCoy is a more physical type player (especially run blocking) than Ruiz which will fit well at the guard position.

I hadn’t looked at it from that perspective. Great post.

This is a great point about line calls too and perhaps part of the team's thought process. Your center needs to be on the ball and intelligent, and we know for a fact that McCoy is really really stupid. So perhaps having a smarter player making line calls will help us.

Facetious or is he said to be slow?

Our success with drafting and coaching o-line is much >>> than LB. For that reason alone, I'm going with Ruiz. I am excited about Baun, but wonder how well he can do on a defense that has been historically terrible at developing these players. The TE, I think he is the biggest unknown, at least to me. I think, depending on how he performs at camp and practices, he could earn some snaps, but I think it could be mostly a grooming year for him. I think all these players have the potential to be great contributors, but Ruiz seems like the most plug and play ready player.

Ruiz is the easy answer for me. An elite athlete at the position. Has the mind for the position. The team has a solid draft history there.

Baun is hard to pick because he's not a perfect scheme fit and our LB history is atrocious. Not an elite athlete either. I think he could be the one to turnaround our LB history but not best in class.

Trautman is a wild card. He could explode with NFL coaching in our system. He has a long way to project as of now.

I think all three of our early picks will have a huge impact. Ruiz will strengthen the interior of the line. Trautman has great hands and should contribute as a weapon this year. But Baun is my pick for having the biggest impact this year. Coupled with Davis, and behind a stout Dline, Baun will make some big plays. He’s fast, has good initial burst, uses his hands well, and is a great option off the edge. He’ll be a huge upgrade over Klein.

Facetious or is he said to be slow?

Good question. Really glad you asked

aggy.jpg

A lot of employers won't hire overqualified candidates. Fast food, trash trucks, etc.
I have nothing against any of those professions but I wasn’t in any of them lol. These guys made well over 6 figures. But I do get the joke, it’s a good one. 😊

I have nothing against any of those professions but I wasn’t in any of them lol. These guys made well over 6 figures. But I do get the joke, it’s a good one. 😊

Yeah, all of us have an aggy veterinarian. I grudgingly admit that mine is cool. I hope he doesn't fondle my dog. He probably does.

Yeah, all of us have an aggy veterinarian. I grudgingly admit that mine is cool. I hope he doesn't fondle my dog. He probably does.
Lol right? Everyone I worked with was an engineer. I would mess with them all the time, do the Horns sign and such. They did not care for that. I have no dog in that fight but it’s very funny to rib em.

I think the rook who'll make the immediate year 1 impact will be Baun. Then I can totally see Ruiz and Trautman catching up in year 2 and 3, becoming impact players in their own right. Ultimately, I think Baun , Ruiz and Trautman will evolve into major contributors for the team moving forward. But out the gates, Im going w/Baun because of his versatile ability to play the EDGE and as an off-ball pressure player. I honestly think Baun will push for 7-10 sacks this coming year. From the EDGE, 3pt, 2pt, blitzing as an OLB, MLB, from the SLOT, Baun can pressure the crap out of QBs from literally any/everywhere.

I think the rook who'll make the immediate year 1 impact will be Baun. Then I can totally see Ruiz and Trautman catching up in year 2 and 3, becoming impact players in their own right. Ultimately, I think Baun , Ruiz and Trautman will evolve into major contributors for the team moving forward. But out the gates, Im going w/Baun because of his versatile ability to play the EDGE and as an off-ball pressure player. I honestly think Baun will push for 7-10 sacks this coming year. From the EDGE, 3pt, 2pt, blitzing as an OLB, MLB, from the SLOT, Baun can pressure the crap out of QBs from literally any/everywhere.
I hope you end up spot on with your thoughts on Baun especially. So tired of drafting linebackers that fizzle out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom