Just found the next Saints quarterback (1 Viewer)

Ok, who showed Chris Trapasso the Mock draft simulator?

I wanted to go back and see what he mocked to us around this time last year.

Dude basically posts a weekly mock draft, enlugh mock drafts to qualify as spam posts, and is very flip floppy about us.

From 11/17/21 - 12/18/21 (31 days) he posted 5 mock drafts (that I saw). He had more before and after that... MANY more, but I focused there because it is a similar point in the season.

Here is the date posted and Saints pick for each.

11/17/2021 pick#21 Drake London

11/24/2021 pick#19 Treylon Burks

12/04/2021 pick#13 Matt Corral

12/11/2021 pick#11 Jameson Williams

12/18/2021 pick#13 Treylon Burks

I kind of want to go through his full 2022 mock draft cycle... looks like there were 52 weekly ones, and a few one offs as the draft approached. I wonder if he ever mocked us Olave.

I mean in his last mock before the 2022 draft he had us taking Tyler Smith at 19, and trading down from 16 to 20 with the Steelers and then taking Pickett at 20 (the 2nd taken out of 4 1st round QBs :freak7: ).

Rattler's ceiling is Mahomes, his floor is Carr.
Ok, ill play. His ceiling could be Mahommes, all the physical tools are there... but his his mechanics and decision making are so far away he is a lotto ticket. His floor is David Carr... not Derek... and his floor is closer to his likely outcome than his highly improbable ceiling.

Actually we saw a lot of these guys last draft. Strong arm, athletc, flashes of what could be... but so much work to do on fundamental QB skills. Athleticism is a bonus, but you have to be able to make the right read, step into the pocket, and deliver a well placed ball.

Willis, Corral, Ridder, Howell were all mocked in the first with varying frequency... 2nd round at the latest.

Actial draft rolls around and those 4 above are three 3rd round picks and one 5th.

Only Pickett went in the 1st, and his knock was the physical tools just being good, but more advanced understanding of the game and cleaner/repeatable mechanics.

The NFL and NCAA are littered guy who had strong arms, many of them good to great athletes who never made it as QBs.

All I know if Bryce looked real good playing down to competition during COVID w/ a Heisman WR and Sark as his playcaller. He's been less than impressive ever since. I'm not convinced that he's a better QB than Tua. He makes plays, but I don't see him manipulating defenses the way elite QBs who have NFL success do in college.

I don't think there are any franchise QBs in this draft.
I dont think there are any "clear" franchise QBs, and at least in the media the best prospects seem overvalued and thus out of reach.

With that being the case I would rather "punt" a season, clear the chaff from the roster/cap, and horde assets to be enticing for a new coach to start the 24' offseason.

I dont think there are any "clear" franchise QBs, and at least in the media the best prospects seem overvalued and thus out of reach.

With that being the case I would rather "punt" a season, clear the chaff from the roster/cap, and horde assets to be enticing for a new coach to start the 24' offseason.
If the Saints manage to land a 1st round pick, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a guy like Hendon Hooker or Tanner McKee.

He’s made a couple of bad decisions today…. And he’s still giving Clemson all they can eat. I like his moxie. He can play in a 2 QB system. I still say he’d be a good day 2 pick.

If the Saints manage to land a 1st round pick, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a guy like Hendon Hooker or Tanner McKee.
Hooker isn't worth a day one pick anymore.

This is probably gonna end up being one of the very best day two prospects in years.

Taulia
Spenser
Hooker
KJ Jefferson
Johnson
Maybe Daniels

One of them should breakthrough as a starter.

I’m never one for tanking but if the Saints went 2-15 next year and got Caleb Williams and a new HC out of it then I’d be happy. He is incredible, like watching another Mahomes.

This is probably gonna end up being one of the very best day two prospects in years.

Taulia
Spenser
Hooker
KJ Jefferson
Johnson
Maybe Daniels

You miss the best one…Travis

Taulia
Spenser
Hooker
KJ Jefferson
Johnson
Maybe Daniels

Jefferson might be the best of the bunch. Would not be mad if we pick him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom